Chapter 2

The next day at breakfast the girls were strangely quiet. They ate in the kitchen, one of the few places in the castle where they were allowed to be rambunctious. Jonquil tried to drag them into a conversation, but the girls all just answered, and continued to eat silently. Jon sighed. She gathered up her dishes and dropped them in a nearby sink. She kissed her father on the cheek before turning to the girls. "I'll be in the garden. Meet me at the Great Hall 5 minutes before lessons." They turned and murmered to themselves. It wasn't like Jon to leave them  to their own devices. Rare times like these weren't to be wasted. They ran off in groups of 3, or 2, giggling. Jon sighed and started walking. 

________________________________________

There were a few places in the garden rarely traveled.  They were hard to get to, but the peace and quiet was worth it. She walked down a path, and under the rose arch. She frowen, and started messing with the plants. Soon, she pulled back a curtain made out of vines and smiled. She disappeared into the arch, and the vine dropped behind her, leaving no trace.

_______________________________________

The greenhouse was full of people talking and gardeners talking and trimming. The head gardener was a tall man of about 50. He was eccentric, but knew more about the garden than anybody else.  He was the man responsible for the crazy . . . .architechture. The late queen had loved the garden, so he had made places where she could be alone, when  needed. He knew that Jon knew about them, but she only knew about a few of them.  He had made passages, and entrances, and small rooms or enclosures all over the garden. Only he knew about them all. Well, him and Prince Andre. 

___________________________________

Hey! Yeah, I write really short chapters. Sorry! Please vote, and Fan me!

MK