Chapter Five

Chapter Five:

(Lexi’s POV)

I waited for the pain that never came. After a few seconds I opened my eyes to see his fist, held steady, a few inches away from my face.

I don’t know whether in the moment I was glad that he hadn’t punched me or upset that he didn’t. Was I not a worthy component?

‘Why are you doing this?” I whispered, hoping I wouldn’t break the trance we were in. His eyes stayed fixed on mine. Pain and guilt were obvious in the way he watched e. It was almost freaky how quickly he had changed from being so angry to so sad.

‘Get out of my sight!” He growled, pushing me towards the direction of my bedroom. Deciding this was my best move at the moment, I left him alone in the hallway as I shut the door to my bedroom. AS I laid back on my bed I heard something shatter somewhere in the house. The sounds of smashing continued for as long as I could keep my eyes open.

Just before I drifted to sleep I was sure I heard Jason shout something into the night.

When I woke the memories of last night flashed through my mind. The yelling, the accusing and then the smashing of something. Getting out of bed, I tip toed towards the lounge.

When I saw the sight in front of me I had to stop myself from gasping at the sight.

Every piece of glass furniture in the room was smashed. Pieces covered the floor. Luckily none of the windows were cracked or else there would be no hope in keeping warm.

But the glass on the ground wasn’t what caught my attention it was the man sitting in a heap on the group in the middle of it. An empty vodka bottle lay next to him.

I was hocked to se him like this as he was always so controlled. So sure in what he was doing.

This side of him just wasn’t normal.

It wasn’t the Jason that I had grown use to.

(Jason’s POV)

‘Get out of my sight!” I yelled shoving her away from me.

In all the years that I had been in a gang never had I not been able to do something. Hit someone. But now in the one moment that I needed to prove that I was stronger, better and I was in control, I couldn’t do it.

And why?

Because looing down at her as she closed her eyes and waited for the impact of my fist, I knew that I wouldn’t be able to do it. Because it was like looking down at my sister. Someone I knew that I could never lay a hand on.

She looked innocent. Weak and vulnerable. And even though I knew that she was nothing like that I couldn’t help myself seeing her that way.