Chapter Eight

Chapter Eight:

(Lexi's POV)

That night I dreamed of a happy ending for the situation we were in. I dreamed of a time where Jason and I worked together to stop Damon, there was no arguing for once we were on the same side. But could that really happen. Up here it was easy as we were the only two around, there wasn't anything that could get between us. We could make promises up here as we were the only contributing factors but when we went back home everything could be different.

As I laid in my be I thought of everything that would be happening back home. For a second I finally let the ache in my heart rise. Those boys were my family and to be honest I hated being away from them. I wanted to see them, to listen to them tell pointless stories that always ended up with us rolling around laughing. Footsteps in the hall way tore me away from these memories. Jason was up and so I figured it was time for myself to get up to. I didn't want to stay here for much longer so that meant I had to do something to make him believe it was safe to go home.

After having a shower and stealing some more of Jasons clothing I headed towards the kitchen. There was food lined out on the table and at the head sat Jason. He watched me as I walked in.

'Take a seat and dig in.' I smiled at him before taking the seat next to him and began to help myself to the array of food.

Once the food was gone we sat in silence each left to their own thoughts.

'Have you thought any more on the situation?' He asked watching me intently.

'You want to keep your family safe, but do you think that right way about doing that is taking control. That will just all Damon to know exactly where you are?' I responded, ignoring his question slightly.

'If you gave me control of your men we would be strong enough to take them down.' I could tell by his voice that he was unsure of himself. From what I had heard about Damon I knew that it was going to take more then a large group of men to stop him.

'Even if I gave up power my men would follow you. They would have the right to go anywhere they wanted, to elect a new leader. I can't force them to follow you.'

'But if you put it across as a good idea they might, Ive heard about you and I know how much those boys look up to you. They trust you so if..'

I cut him off. 'I'm telling you now I would never lie to them. I wouldn't convince them of something if I didn't believe it.'

'Do you not believe that it would be for the best?' He growled.

I paused for a second and thought about it.

'No,' I replied simply. 'Look I see where your coming from and I can see that you want to protect your family. But they are my family and I have to protect them. Giving you power wouldn't help them if anything it would put them in danger. It would put Tyson and Gabrielle in danger.'

I could sense that he was getting angry. I assume that after me telling him I would help in him last he had thought that I had meant that I would change my mind. But I wouldn't. Why would I risk my whole family, everyone I love to save one person that I wasn't even sure if I really liked.

We waited in silence for a moment, each deep in our own thought. It was then that a thought struck me.

'You said that you one the right to lead his gang, am I correct?' He nodded, he looked uncertain about where I was going with this. "That means that you have the right to his gang. Im sure somewhere its written down that they are the rules, am I correct?' He nodded again.

'Then why can't you just go in there and take control?'

'Its not that easy, his family has ran that gang for generations. I was the first person that ever tested him let alone bet him. That gang isn't like yours Lexi, they don't stand by the rules they make their own as it suits them.'

I sighed. This was going nowhere.

'Well hiding up here isn't going to solve anything.'

He looked at me, I could see the stress evident in his eyes. Part of me knew that he hadn't told me the whole story and another part of me knew that he probably wouldn't. But until I knew the rest of the story I wasn't going to be able to do much.

'I know, if I let you go back will you continue to help me?' he asked.

I nodded honestly. 'I will try but I won't give up my power to you.'

'Ill see what I can do.' It was as he said those words that we heard it.

It started off as a faint humming but slowly grew to something that sounded like storm. It was clear that the real danger was about to begin when the siren started and the whole place went into lock down.

'They found us!' Jason yelled grabbing my hand and pulling me into the darkness of the house.