Chapter Two:

I will put the edited version up soon.

So please don't complain about the mistakes.

Chapter Two:

(Lexi’s POV)

I think I had just drifted off to sleep when the phone beside my bed starting ringing. I stretched my arm and grabbed it before flicking the light on. I squinted my eyes as I answered it.

‘Hello,’

‘Lexi its me, Brad. Just thought I would let you know someone is coming up the drive way and they are coming fast.’ He informed me.

Brad was the night watch guard. He lived in the house close to the gate and it was his job to let me know if anyone out of the ordinary came at night.

‘Do you know how many people were in the car?” I asked as I rushed around the room, pulling on my jeans and woollen jersey. I slipped my bare feet into my boots before heading down the hall.

‘It was a van and it looked pretty full. I’ve sent a message to the boys in the closest houses they should be there as soon as possible. Be ready.’ With that he hung up and left me in silence.

Stopping next to the stairs I flicked the lights on. ‘Rise and shine, Boys!’ I yelled as loud as I could.

Within seconds I could hear people jumping up from their beds. Lights flicked on and doors open as half dressed boys stepped out of their rooms. ‘Someone’s coming.’

Everyone thundered down the steps behind me as they pulled on their cloths. If I wasn’t so worried about who was coming I would of laughed at the site of them.

‘Half of you stay here, I don’t want to start a fight unless I have to,” I told them, as I stepped towards the door.

The boys stood behind me on the front porch as we waited for the can to arrive. After what seemed like hours, the van slowly approached the house.

They parked a few metres away. People poured out of the can standing in front of us, clad out in black causing them almost to hid within the darkness like a shadow.

‘What do you want?” I asked, letting my voice carry across the night to them. After a few heart beats one of them stepped forward into the light.

I felt my heart sped up when I identified who it was.

‘I told you not to mess with me!” He growled, glaring up at me.

‘What are you talking about?’ I asked, even though I had a fair idea why he was here.

‘Well where should I start, first you got in my way at the wedding. Then you punched me, not once but twice. You sent your minions to spy on me. You turned my sister against me. And then to top it off you stole my bike,’ He listed.

I crossed my arms, and steered back at him.

‘Firstly,’ I started holding my finger up to stop him from interrupting. ‘I didn’t get in you way at the wedding. You got in mine. Secondly, you deserved those punches. And of course I sent my boys to watch you, after all you did threaten me. And lastly, I didn’t steal you bike. I borrowed it with no thought of returning it for a while.’

He took a step forward clenching his teeth. Automatically, the boys moved closer to me.

He paused and looked at them.

‘What? Can’t you fight your own battles?’ He asked raising an eyebrow at me.

‘You can’t speak. Look at all the people you brought with you.’