Chapter 20

Astrid’s P.O.V –

For the last time GO AWAY!” I screeched at what seemed like the hundredth maid he had sent.

Firstly, what the hell – I knew they were rich but seriously this was just ridiculous! I thought Uncle Kane and Aunt Anna were rich but they almost look ordinary next to this.

Secondly, there was no way in hell that I was going to go anywhere near his stupid pack. Argh, he was making me so angry! Even after all he had done he still had the goddamn cheek to command me to do whatever he wanted! Who the hell does he think he is?!

“I thought I told you to get ready” a venomous voice breathed down my neck. I jumped back in surprise at how close he had been to me and an involuntary shudder shook through me. Urgh, I can’t believe I was ever even attracted to him. I seriously have something wrong with my head!

I let out a small sarcastic laugh. Ha, did he really think I was going to listen to him?

“Give me one good reason why I should listen to you! What do you even want from me?! Why won’t you let me go already?” I demanded staring back at him defiantly. If he thought he could boss my around like, like he was my alpha or something he had another thing coming.

Talking of alphas, that reminds me…Gray. There was so much I needed to tell him…that is if I ever get out of this goddamn place. I had been so cruel to him! I’m such an idiot! All of these years, he’s loved me and like the idiot I am I’ve done nothing but be horrible to him!

“If you value your friend’s lives I advise you to shut the fuck up and get ready before I lose my patience with you.” He hissed slamming his fist into a nearby table and nearly breaking it in the process. What the fuck was that meant to mean?! H-he didn’t do anything to anyone did he?! He wouldn’t…would he?! Actually, after all the bastard’s done I wouldn’t put it past him.

“What have you done?! I swear if you’ve hurt anyone…”

“…you’ll what?” he said cockily, a smirk on his lips as if he was enjoying tormenting me. The guy really is a cold-hearted bastard. He just kidnapped me for god’s sake! Isn’t that enough for him?

“You wouldn’t dare” I whispered. I looked up to see him staring at me with a strange expression on his face. I would give anything to be able to know what he was thinking right now. On second thoughts I’d rather not know what sick and twisted things he was thinking - I was disgusted enough as it was just at his actions.

Without saying a word he roughly grabbed my wrist and began pulling me towards the hallway. What the hell was he doing? I feverishly began relenting against his grip. God knows what he was going to do with me – the only option I had was trying to make a run of it even if the possibility of escaping seemed impossible.

“Where are you taking me?!” I demanded, still trying to get away from him. In a swift movement he swung me over his shoulder. I tried to struggle but he had a tight grip on my legs making it hard to do so. I blew out a heavy breath and cursed him under my breath to which he chuckled at making me even angrier. Argh, I hate this guy! Seriously – what the hell did I ever see in him?! I still can’t believe I fell for the ‘good guy’ act he was playing!

After what seemed like a year he dropped me – like literally dumped me – onto the hard floor. I looked up to see a solid old-looking wooden door in front of me. What the hell – where the hell had he brought me? Before I could ask him he pulled me up and opened the huge doors.