Chapter 12

I wish he'd stop staring at me like that! I thought angrily. Zander shot me a worried look and I smiled reassuring him. He grinned back and my heart flipped. I had to control myself around him! It was like I was a school girl again for crying out loud!

As I looked around I realised it wasn't just Grayson who was staring at us but practically everyone else in the room had their eyes trained on us, watching us like hawks. It was making me uncomfortable. I didn't like it all. Nearly of all the pack were staring at me and Zander unashamedly. I caught Christine, Sophia, Cameron and Charlie staring at me wide-eyed and huddled together talking animatedly; no doubt about me and Zander. I sighed exasperated.

"Zander, can we go. I don't like this. Everyone's staring..." I whispered to him, fidgeting restlessly.

"Just ignore them. They'll have to get used to it one day. After all, I plan on spending my life with you; we can't hide forever." He said, smiling heart-warmingly at me, rubbing my back in an attempt to calm me. I frowned at him, still uncomfortable. Even he couldn't comfort me right now; I had always been uncomfortable with attention and it seemed that hadn't changed.

Why the hell was everyone staring anyway?! There were plenty of other couples in the room to gawk at; I didn't understand why they were staring at us. They were probably wondering what someone like Zander was doing with me. I mean look at the guy - he was God-like! Most of the other girls in the room were shooting me jealous looks and it was driving me crazy! I felt like gouging their eyes out. He was mine! I snaked my arm around his waist in an act of possessiveness; I wanted to stake my claim, show them he was mine.

He grinned back at me, approval clear on his face that I was showing everyone he was mine unashamedly. He lowered his head and planted a soft kiss on my lips, letting his lips linger there for a second.

"How do you feel about meeting my parents?" he murmured softly into my ear. I froze, meeting his parents? What the-? I wasn't ready for this! I began to shake my head when I heard someone clear their throat from behind me. Zander released me and I turned to see his parents. What?! It was the couple from before that Uncle Zane had introduced me too. That meant Zander was Emily's brother!

I plastered a smiled on my face to cover my shocked expression, I was grinning so much that my cheeks hurt. I made a reminder in my head to kill Zander later for putting me in this position – I was so not prepared. I peeked up at him to see him grinning cheekily at me.

"So this is the young woman you wanted us to meet so desperately! We've heard so much about you from Zander. Well it's wonderful to meet you again Astrid - as his official girlfriend this time." I blushed at what he said and glanced at Zander to see him looking at me embarrassed. I can't believe he had discussed me with his parents! And I still can't believe he was Emily's brother!

"I'm Stephen, as you know, Zander's father and this is my wife Diane. We've met before." he said gesturing to the beautiful blonde beside him. She grasped my hand and shook it firmly before enveloping me in a bear hug. I froze, startled by the sudden gesture and awkwardly hugged her back. Wow, they seemed really enthusiastic! I hoped that was a good sign – did it mean they liked me? I had no idea; I had never been in such a situation before.

"Mom, dad. This is my girlfriend Astrid." Said Zander proudly, gazing at me affectionately whilst he said it. I blushed – it was the first time he had said that out loud and it sounded so good. It seemed official now. I was his and he was mine. Only mine. I beamed at him and he beamed back, and for a second I completely forgot that I was in the middle of being introduced to his parents. I nearly threw myself at him but thankfully his mom spoke before I could embarrass myself.