Chapter Twelve - Aaron

Music blasted from the speakers, banging against the walls of the sound proof garage. Alcohol filled the room, bottles piling up along the tables. Only two of them could legally drink - Mickey and Jesse - and although the other two could have still drank some, they chose otherwise. It was exam week from the following day and it felt much better if they didn't wake up with a massive hangover.

The party was for Mickey's birthday during the previous week. Both Aaron and Henry hadn't gone to the pub in which he had a birthday treat since they were underage and their parents would have killed them if they had gone to a pub underage. Henceforth, Jesse decided to host a late birthday party for the newly turned eighteen year old.

"You guys are so wasted!" Henry laughed, watching Mickey dance along to a Spice Girls song. That was the fun thing about watching drunk friends, Aaron realised - he could make fun of them, like Henry was doing.

Aaron had his phone out, recording all of the action to post onto his instagram, or rather his band's instagram page. To him, it seemed like it was the best thing to do, especially if Henry planned to continue joking around with them.

"Whoop! Go on, Mickey!" Aaron cheered, failing to hold back a laugh. He didn't know where Jesse was, since he usually turned into a ninja after a couple of bottles. It was one of the most hilarious things Aaron had ever seen in his life.

As Mickey began to sing along, his voice became really high pitched. It was then that Aaron couldn't contain his laughter, leading to him crashing against Henry on the sofa.

Suddenly, the song changed to Smells Like Teen Spirit and Aaron felt the need to join in with Mickey's rave. The two of them belted out the words, with Mickey holding another bottle in his hand. They sounded tone deaf for once, yet Aaron was certain that none of them cared. His head bounced up and down, joining in with the guitar riffs as Mickey acted out the drums.

"Oh my God, Aaron!" Henry cried, literally. He had laughed so much that tears were rolling out of his eyes. Aaron immediately stopped singing and began to laugh at him. He seemed so drunk, yet he had nothing; Nirvana did things to him. Then again, Aaron realised that it could have been the three cans of Red Bull he had drunk.

Taking a glance at Henry, Aaron saw that Henry had his phone out, obviously recording them as he had done previously. He made a note to curse at the younger boy, just to annoy him.

Jesse came out at that moment, attacking the two boy from behind. With his hands on their necks, he joined in singing Nirvana songs. That was, until Henry began to sing a Spice Girls song.

"Oh, God! That's my song!" Jesse interjected, pulling a dance move and singing along. Aaron watched as he swerved his body from side to side, making weird faces as he changed the pitch of his voice to match each part of the song. He was about to join in until he felt his phone vibrate in his pocket.

It was Cat.

"Guys, I need to answer my phone!" He yelled to the others, breaking out of their hold on him. Picking up his phone, he left the garage as the music was much too loud for a phone call. "Hello?"

"Hey, how are you?" She sounded nervous, Aaron pointed out and it made him smile. Everything about her made him smile, even the fact that he had called her.

"I'm good, you?" He asked. She had never phoned him before, as he knew that she wasn't that good with phones.

She sighed, telling him about the trouble she was having with Wuthering Heights. At that moment, Aaron wanted to curse or even cry. It was as though she only wanted to use him for studying, not to have a general conversation. Although this was the case, he still couldn't find it in himself to tell her that he was at a party and instead, chose to help her.