Chapter Twenty-Three - Cat

It's been two months since I last updated. I know that's bad but that's about to change! Exams are now over so I should be updating at least once every two weeks! I hope you haven't given up on this story because things are about to happen. Comment what you expect will happen in the next few chapters!!

Chapter Twenty-Three - Cat

Whilst Aaron has been trying to resolve his situation, Cat was trying to spend more time with her beloved family. Henry's revelation of borderline personality disorder was somewhat of a shock to her, especially because she was too engrossed in her own progress to realise the toll it had taken on him. All she could wonder was for how long - how long had he been suffering on his own, relying on only Aaron to hide his secret?

Someone knocked on the door, causing her to get up from her bed.

"Hey," her mother called. As the sound of footsteps increased, Cat knew she had already entered.

"How's Henry?" She asked, immediately. He was her first thought now, just like she had been hers.

"He's okay," she told her, "I think he's sick of all the attention. We spoke to his psychotherapist about treatment besides medication, but Henry refuses."

Cat had tried to be more involved with the psychotherapy, yet her mother still tried to keep her out of the loop - protecting her, as apparently she was still that vulnerable little child that had glass smashed in her eyes. That was what it had been like for the past few weeks, whilst they had been revising for their exams.

"Did he say why?" Before her mother could answer, Cat heard another voice pop into the conversation.

"I don't need it." Henry's body shifted the bed to one side, letting Cat know he had sat down beside her. "All I need is for you to not tiptoe around me. I want things to feel normal with us."

He wrapped an arm around Cat, bringing her closer.

"I've been trying to look after everyone since the accident, and before you mention Kyle helping us, he hasn't. All he's been doing is making it worse. Now that he's gone, it's easier to look after you both but sometimes, I want to be able to do my own things."

Cat couldn't help the guilt surface within her. She knew it was her fault that Henry couldn't be normal. Sure, she was able to move around a bit on her own, yet that was because she had Henry there to stop her before she got hurt.

"You were doing your own thing for a while. You're the one who decided to quit, Henry," their mum reminded them.

Was that it? Did he want his place back in the band?

If she was right, then she would have to quit. Henry deserved that bit of happiness, didn't he? It was the least she could do to repay him after everything he'd done for her.

"I needed to quit the band to do something more practical. A career in a band is uncertain..."