Survey and Report

Title: DAST: Survey and Report
Pairings: Harry/Louis
Rating: R (for slash themes and violence)
Word Count: 6,950
Summary: The Dog and Armed Swat Team unite to bust open one of the most active and dangerous terrorism rings in Britain. Harry finds himself uneasy at the end of the night. AU
Disclaimer: This story is complete fiction - i.e. it had never happened. All real people in this story own themselves and I am in no way affiliated with them. Nor do I make any money from writing about them.

"Huh...?" Harry seemed a little distracted for a moment but then he shook his head and straightened up, "Um yeah..." he said absently, seemingly needing a few seconds to get his bearings again after the kiss. Louis bit back a pleased smile. It still amazed him he could have that sort of affect on the other man. After all, Harry Styles was quite a catch. At least, he thought with a hint of pride, that seemed to be the unanimous opinion of most of the women they worked with. Tall and handsome Harry Styles with his gorgeous dark curls, bright green eyes and knee-weakeningly dimpled smile. Yes, Harry was quite a catch indeed. And Louis's eyes darkened as he stared at his fiancé's profile, loving how Harry's brow furrowed as he thought. His green eyes were so sharp and perceptive - you could just tell he was smart by the way they sparkled brightly in the light.  

As Harry looked up at the board his frown deepened and he muttered, "obviously the gun had to have been planted in my locker sometime between me leaving at eight the previous evening and ten o'clock last night - when Hayes and Kane found it. That gives the person about 24 hours..." He stood up and walked forward, pen raised, "I've been to see it and there are no scratches from someone picking the lock - plus there's the fact it would take quite a long time to pick it and, as people are in and out of there all the time, they would probably have been caught before getting inside. No... I'm pretty sure they got a hold of the master key and opened it that way." 

"Makes sense," Louis nodded, "but that means they must have gotten into Don's office without him knowing." 

"Not exactly hard," Harry replied, shrugging, "Don was out most of yesterday at various meetings. Whoever it was had plenty of opportunity during the day and the whole of the previous nightshift as well." 

Louis sighed, "So basically they had the full twenty-four hours then?" 

"Yep," Harry nodded unhappily, "almost everyone here would have had the opportunity at some point to get the master key and open my locker without being seen." 

"Great," Louis replied tightly.  

Suddenly there was a knock on the door and it opened a fraction. They both spun around to see Zayn poking his head around the jamb, "is this a private party or can anyone join in?" he asked, raising an eyebrow. 

"It's fine," replied Harry with a small beckoning smile, "come on in." 

Zayn pushed the door open and stepped inside, followed closely by Niall and Matt. 

"Fast work," Zayn remarked, nodding at the board, clearly impressed, "I figured you'd be here so we've come to help. I've filled Matt in on the events." 

"Great," Louis grinned and gestured around the tidy but chairless room, "grab a seat."

After Niall swiped them some chairs from the file room, they talked about the interview and added everything they could remember to the board. They also threw around some vague ideas and valid points that ought to be checked out sooner rather than later about movements and timings. However, the one question that none them could answer, and it sat right in the middle of everything, was the motive. Why would someone want Louis dead? Although they couldn't exactly talk about it aloud with the other guys in the room, Harry and Louis didn't feel the idea of a hate crime was the right answer. Call it gut feeling if you will but neither felt, deep down, that this was the motive at all.