Chapter Three - The Fight Club

After wasting another few hours, Lucy suggested the pair go to a club called Neon; Alicia didn't take much convincing, pointing out they had nothing better to do, other than school the next day. Apparently, it was a standard 18+ club, but the bouncers and bartenders were notorious for being bad at checking ID. Perfect. After doing her own makeup and borrowing a dress, Lucy looked incredible. She'd chosen one of Alicia's less revealing white dresses, but it was skin tight and looked sinful anyway. Ignoring Alicia's complaints, she skillfully did her friend's makeup too, and Ali had to admit she looked good. Her thigh high dress red dress hugged her toned curves, cut low enough that no one would be looking at her eyes, and her heels made her legs look much longer than they were. It was perfect.
When Lu suggested ordering a taxi, Ali blanched; she hated the idea of being stuck somewhere, and hated other people driving her when sober even more, so with the promise of staying within legal limits or getting a taxi home, Lucy finally agreed to get in the car. 

True to Lucy's word, their ID's weren't checked, and soon the girls were inside and dancing. Alicia was abandoned after only 20 minutes when Lucy started dancing with a guy. She kept an eye on the pair, unwilling to leave her innocent friend to her own devices, until realising the man she was dancing with was none other than Sax. Ali sighed as he grinned  and shooed her away, but she relented and walked towards the bar. Anyway, she trusted him; partly because of their long friendship, and partly because he knows she'd castrate him if he hurt Lucy. 
Ali sat contentedly by the bar, drinking her beer in peace until she spotted Shane; he was dancing with a girl she vaguely recognized from school wearing even less clothing than Alicia, a hard feat to achieve that evening. Ali wasn't sure if you could call that incredibly sexual movement dancing, but she quickly shrugged it off; she was sure they could both dance and enjoy themselves without fighting again. Downing her drink, Alicia stood up and started scanning the crowd for someone hot to dance with, when a familiar hand and ring came and tapped her on the shoulder. She sighed. He had to ruin it didn't he? Behind Alicia was the grinning, though incredibly drunk, Dean Green. Alicia's ex-boyfriend. Ali wasn't usually one for monogamy, but she'd given him 6 months of it, and all she'd gotten in return was cheated on. He was not a welcome sight. 
"Hey angel" he said lazily with a sly grin. She forced a tight smile, trying to hide the annoyance of his use of her old nickname.
"Hey Dean, its nice to see you again after I moved..." Ali replied coldly. He wasn't the smartest, and being drunk hadn't helped his case; not noticing the coldness in his ex's voice he lent in close, trying to dance on her. Alicia was repulsed. Stepping away quickly she asked him to go outside with her, wanting nothing less, but knowing they needed to talk. 

Unfortunately, that isn't what Dean had in mind. When they reached the fresh air of the alley way he pushed Alicia against the wall, his mouth against her ear in a way she used to find attractive.
"So what did you want to talk about angel?" he whispered. Face hardened, Ali pushed him away, causing him to stumble and fall over.
"What the hell gives you the right to come onto me after what you did?" She replied venomously. Dean rolled his eyes.  
"It was one night baby, you should know you're the only one for me." he said, in what he thought was a seductive voice. That was the final straw for Alicia.
"You cheated on me with a complete barbie! If that's the type of girl you like then go meet the fucking receptionist at my school and stop bothering me, because that will never be me; I won't stand in your way!" she all but screamed at him.
"For gods sake Ali, I was drunk, it didn't count! Add that to the fact she was drunk too and do the math, it's the only thing you've ever been good at" he said swaying slightly and drunkenly pointing. Ali had had enough, and yanked Dean up roughly by his collar before punching him, sending him straight back to the floor.
"When did you learn to punch like that?" He almost whispered, more to himself than to his ex. He truly was oblivious.
"Did you never notice me covering up my wrist? Or the cuts and bruises? Did you ever question it when I told you I broke something by falling down the stairs?" Alicia spat out angrily, rolling up her sleeve and pulling her cuff bracelet off, throwing it down the alley; she was too angry to care about breaking or losing it. "Your family fights right? Recognize this by any chance?". His face paled, good. He scrambled up and tried to run away, but didn't get far. Ali pulled him back and punched him again, before slamming his falling face onto her raised knee. He fell unconscious.
"I always liked you more when you were sleeping" she muttered bitterly, just before hearing the noise behind her.