Chapter Seventeen- The End

Chapter seventeen- The end 

One year later 

SHANES P.O.V.  

Holding Fee's hand between the two of us, Ali and I walked down the street with soft smiles upon our faces and an ice cream each. We drew some odd looks. It's not everyday you see a young woman wearing a well-worn leather jacket, black ray-bans, an old and ripped 'teenagers' My Chemical Romance band shirt, shorts and muddy biker boots, with a young man wearing a tight, white AC/DC shirt, faded and ripped straight leg jeans, muddy boots and a slightly padded leather jacket slung over his arm... Both holding hands with a ten year old girl in a flowery dress, and sparkly pink ballet flats. I have no idea how Flora turned out so girly, but I'm not complaining. 

Instead of coming home every so often, my mother moved in with her fiancé that she neglected to tell us about. Strangely, I don't care. It doesn't affect me and Fee in any way, as we moved in with Ali permanently when we got back from Italy. Anyway, it took her three months to notice we wern't there. I met Paul a week after that. He makes our mother happy and that's all that matters. Now shes finally moved on from dad, she can be in the same room as me without breaking down. It'll take a while, but I'm trying to sort things out with her, at least so Flora can get to know her mother.

Me and Alicia are better than ever. I don't know when I'll ask, but I've had a ring burning a hole in my pocket since last week. I can't take her out for a meal and ask her- she'd probably punch me for being so cheesy and cliché. It leaves me fresh out of idea's. When we got nearer to the park, Fee let go of my hand and raced Ali to the gate. If it'll make it feel more special to Alicia, I can wait for the perfect moment.

Leaving Fee to play on the swings with a new-found friend, Ali walked towards me and sat inbetween my legs- her head on my chest and my arms wrapped around her stomach...Who am I kidding? I can't wait. This beautiful woman needs my ring on her finger now.
"Ali, can you stand up a moment?" I asked a little nervously. Oh god, I'm really doing this. She looked a little confused, but stood up all the same. Her confusion turned to shock, when I got down on one knee and held the small ring box open. 
"Alicia Marie Smith- my feisty, evil little bitch." She laughed "You already know I'm in love with you. But the thing is, I don't want to be just a lucky guy with an amazing girlfriend. I want to be a lucky guy with an amzing wife. So please, will you marry me?" I said with a small smile. There were a few moments of silence, before a breath-taking smile spread across her features and she nodded her head, stray tears rolling down her cheek. I can't hold the tears against her later, as tears began streaming down my cheeks too. As soon as I put the ring on her finger she jumped into my arms, sending us both crashing to the floor. Laughing through our tears. 
"You think you're lucky, but I'm the one with the amazing future husband" She whispered softly in my ear. I simply grinned. Future husband, I like the sound of that.  
"Oh... And I'm pregnant" she continued with a nervous cough. My eyes widened as I looked at her stomach. Say what now?  
"Congrats dad-to-be!" she said quickly. That's all it took to snap me out of the trance I was in, and kiss my beautiful fiancé. My life is about to get a whole lot more interesting.

********** 

Right my lovelies that is the end! There is an unfinished sequel that goes through Flora's teen years (New Start). Editing this is a work in progress ;).