Chapter 25

Waiting in the driveway with everyone as we wait for their dad to arrive has my stomach is turning. Mason is restless as he paces behind me. He is ready for a fight if it comes to it but both of us know it will be a near impossible fight to win. He is so much older and the older you get the more powerful you become... So even me being at full strength won't be enough.

"Kyra it's going to be okay. He isn't here for a fight and if he is he won't get near you I promise you that" Kehon reassures me but it's not a fight that has me worried it's his approval I need.

I didn't even get to reply before the noise of tyres hitting the gravel gets closer. Kehon takes my hand is his as he stood to his full height. Kehon doing that isn't exactly reassuring. The car stops and the door opens. Kehon father steps out and it's like looking at an older version of Kehon with sprinkles of grey in his hair. He is every bit as tall and strong looking as Kehon. Power oozes from him in waves and he looks more intimidating than Kehon as he looks at all of us with a blank expression. Mason has now moved up behind me ready to jump into action if anything happens. But the positive thing is his eyes aren't cold and void of humanity like the twins.

"So are you going to stand there looking at me or am I going to get a hug?" he asks as his face completely changes when it lights up with a smile.

Kendra goes running into his arms and he completely encases her in a hug lifting her off the ground. Kehon kisses my head before he walks over to his dad and does the man hug and pat when he lets go of Kendra. Looking at his children you can see the love he has for them in his eyes.

"Is this Kyra?" he asks Kehon as he looks at me.

"Yes it is. She is my true mate. Kendra just figures that out a couple of minutes ago so I don't really know what that means yet" he tells him.

"True mates wow. Do your eyes glow" he asks him.

"I didn't realise they did but Kyra told me I have been doing that since she first met me" he says smiling at me.

"I remember the story your mother and I used to tell you. What is it you can do?" he asks like he is searching his mind for the story. "Oh yes you can share your powers and you can pull power and strength from one another. It is a rare bond that I haven't even heard of anyone having it in decades. But your mom and Kyra's always said you two would end up together they believed it so much that they even had a bet with us about it" he smiles back.

"Killian told me about the bet yesterday when we got back. It's nice to know that they would be happy for us" I smile at him.

"Is Killian here? I haven't seen him in so long" he asks hopeful.

"Killian left after this morning's training. He is going to search for his mate and then he is taking over control of a pack for me. So he might not be back here for awhile" I explain.

"It's about time he went looking for her. Running a pack is exactly what he was born for. Their lucky to have him. He is a good man" he smiles.

"He is. Do you want to come inside and get settled" I ask him.

"That would be great after that drive. Do you mind me staying is just that I have always been there when they get their powers so I can help them with learning how use them" he asks.

"Your welcome anytime and there is plenty of room" I tell him.

"Thank you Kyra" he says and I can see pain and shame in his eyes now that I'm close enough.

"Dad feels it's his fault for your parent's death. It was hard for him to come here and face you knowing what the twins did to you" Kendra explains as she walks up beside me as Kehon walks ahead of me with his dad.