Chapter 22

Driving away from the pack everything right now feels right except for the fact that we're missing Kendra and Micah. At least I have Mason and April back with me. All I need to do now is see if Killian will take over the pack. It will be a chance for him to find his mate and after how much of his life he put on hold for my family he deserves it. It will be completely up to him how he handles Jack when he gets there and if he wants to find his own Beta. That pack will be lucky to have him as Alpha and if anyone has a problem with him taking over over I will personally go there and deal with them.

The more I think about Kate and Nathan they would have been perfect together before she changed and mated with Jack. At this stage it is her loss because Jack in no longer Alpha and the pack will have no respect for him now. I'm hoping that when he comes here it will give her a chance to think about him properly and hopefully miss him enough to try and win him back. If that isn't what he wants I hope he can find happiness with someone else and be happy joining the warriors now that he will be away from there.

The drive home only feels like it has taking minutes. It's probably because I'mm not scared to death that I will lose someone I care about especially after the drive to get to Mason. That went so slow is was like my own personal torture. But coming home isn't going to be complete happiness for me. It my home but it's not just filled with only happy memories now it has some dark ones that will forever taint it. It's strange to think that one place can hold so many happy filled memories and also hold the most darkest and painful memories that I have.

Pulling up to the gate Kehon types in the code that I have given him and I'm hoping that it still works and that they haven't changed it to something new. The gates started to move slowly and finally there is enough room to get the car through. Looking around I can see nothing has changed even though everything has change for Mason and me since we were last here. The grass look like it has just been cut and the woods still look inviting with all the beautiful and colourful flowers leading the way into it like a path. It doesn't seem as dark and lifeless as the one in Kehon home but I guess that's because the woods wouldn't be a big part of their life like ours. Its there that's we get to be free and run in our wolf form forgetting everything else except for the run and the rush.

Parking the car at the front of the castle it only takes seconds for our car to be surrounded by warriors. Now that's what I call a fast reaction time. Taking in a deep breath I open the car door and step out. Everyone's attention lands on me as I look at the shocked faces of our warriors. It's that quite you could hear a pin drop miles away. Not one of them seem capable of speaking because they all look like they have seen a ghost. Killian manoeuvres his way through them giving them all strange looks as he passes them confused as to what's going on that has them all rooted to the spot. Looking towards me as I make eye contact with him it's his turn now to be rooted to the spot as he looks at me like he is expecting me to disappear at any second.

"Kyra" my name lesvres his lips in a soft whisper.

All I can do is smile and nod. His shock seems to be wearing off as he makes his way to me in a few long strides and  is now standing in front of me. Looking me over in the same way Mason did as if they expect me to be missing a vital part of myself and also in disbelief that I can be standing in front of them now when they were so sure I was gone and that they would never see me again. He reaches out and pulls me into a tight hug as he lifts me off the ground and holds onto me tightly as if he lets me gone I'm going to disappear. I wrap my arms around him and hug him fiercely before he puts me back on my feet. The others finally get out of the car and stand behind me. Killians arm never leaves my shoulder as he looks at Mason and April before his attention turns to Kehon. His eyes linger on Kehon as if he is trying to figure something out. Then Killian smiles brightly.