The Forgotten (21)

It seemed like ever since I got together Marcus, time would just fly by. The things that Isaac told us to do weren’t tasks anymore because I would always be with Marcus. It was the last week of this retreat and I was completely dreading the last day.

Not only had I gotten over my fear of close contact with men or just people in general (with the help of Marcus of course) but I had become close friends with Hayley, Lia and Cory as well.

“Ness, are you okay?” Lia asked from next to me. Hayley turned to look at me as well. We were sitting on the beach as we had been given a free day and I was happy to spend this day with the girls. I spent almost every minute of the day with Marcus.

“I’m fine; I’m just thinking about how much I’m gonna miss you guys when I go back to England.” I admitted. “This is why you need to get Skype.” Lia told me. “I said that I would get it, didn’t I?” I replied laughing. “Once you get it, we’ll do video calls every week.” Hayley told me. I grinned but I knew that nothing about the future could be certain. Not to mention, the time difference would be a massive problem.

“It is so hot out here!” Lia complained. “You were the one who wanted to sunbathe on the beach!” Hayley exclaimed and I giggled. “Yeah I did but it’s way too hot out here.” She replied. “Let’s go cool off then guys.” I told them nodding over to the sea.

I pulled them up and we ran down, relishing the feel of the cool water on our legs. “I used to hate the sea but I have to say; this is the life.” I remarked before scooping up water and splashing them with it. Their faces were priceless; definitely a Kodak moment.

“You bitch!” They shrieked and I laughed even as they drenched me in sea water. I hadn’t laughed this much in a while and I was happy to have this feeling.  After getting them back we ran back up to our stuff to dry off. I fished out my phone and held it up. “Let’s take a picture guys.” I told them. We took a picture and I saved it as my wallpaper. I would try my best to keep in touch with them.

We walked back to their room and I collapsed on Hayley’s bed stretching out. I felt something hard under the pillow. I reached under and found a box of condoms. “Hayley what are these?” I asked smirking. She turned around and blushed when she saw what I was holding.

“You naughty girl.” Lia said grinning running over to take the condoms out of my hand. “Give those back!” Hayley cried snatching them out of Lia’s hand and placing them in one of her bags. “I didn’t want Lia to know about them yet. You know she’s going to be annoying now.” She whined to me. “Next time, get a better hiding place honey.” I told her smirking.

“I happened to notice that the box wasn’t opened yet. When were you planning to use them?” Lia asked. “It was just in case.” She mumbled. “Bullshit; you’re a terrible liar Hayles.” I replied. We looked at her, waiting expectantly for her to tell us. “We decided it would be tonight.” She mumbled flushing scarlet as we squealed.

“Please tell me it’s gonna be in his room.” Lia said raising an eyebrow. “Erm yeah but Alex is gonna have to crash in here. Is that alright?” She asked Lia. “I don’t wanna room with a guy!” She whined. “How about I sleep in here tonight and Alex sleeps in my room with Marcus?” I suggested. “Yes please!” Lia screamed.

“Are you sure that Marcus is gonna be okay with that though?” Hayley asked. “I dunno but I’m not gonna be the one to break it to him.” I replied smiling. “What do you mean Ness?” Lia asked. “If you want me here, you’re gonna have to ask Marcus yourself.” I told her and she pouted.

Surprisingly she went off to ask him after a few minutes of whining. It was quite funny; she had such a determined look on her face as if she was going to war. “All jokes aside; are you sure about this?” I asked Hayley with a serious look on my face. “It feels right. I know I haven’t been with him for long but I did meet him last year so I know what he’s like. He was happy to wait but I really want to do it.” She told me. “Well as long as you’re happy. Go get him tiger.” I told her winking. I laughed when she slapped my arm.

Lia came back in smiling. “We’re having a girl’s night tonight!” She exclaimed grinning. I raised an eyebrow. I would’ve thought that Marcus would say no. “Well done Lia.” I told her sincerely still shocked. “You have to go up there and spend some time with him now though. Okay, it makes sense now.

I walked up the stairs to our room and smiled when I saw him sitting on his bed. “Hey there.” I said as I walked over. He hugged me tightly. “I missed you.” He growled in my ear. I giggled and kissed his cheek. “I was only gone for like two hours.” I pointed out. “Well it felt like longer.” He told me. “Wanna make up for lost time then?” I asked smiling.

We fell down on the kissing and I noticed that Marcus’ hands were always on my upper back. He was always respecting my boundaries but today I couldn’t help but wish that he would take a chance and venture lower. It’s strange; ever since Stefan had been taken away from the police, the old me started to come out. The Vanessa that was flirty, adventurous and always loved a challenge.

I deepened the kiss and decided to take control of the situation. Marcus quickly broke off the kiss. “Are you okay?” He asked. “Yeah of course I am.” I replied quickly. “So what the hell was that?” He asked. “We were kissing.” I replied moving in to continue but he jumped up. “You’re clearly not okay.” He muttered and something in me just snapped.

“I’m not okay just because I wanted to do something more than just kissing. Is it wrong for me to want that with my boyfriend? I didn’t think so!” I screamed. I was angry that tears were forming in my eyes. “Or maybe it’s because I’m a rape victim!” I continued and then my eyes widened. “It’s because I’m soiled goods isn’t it?” I whispered but before he could protest, I ran down to Lia and Hayley’s room. “What the hell happened to you?” Hayley asked. “Marcus is a bloody idiot.” I told them as I burst into tears again.

*Marcus’ P.O.V*

What the fuck just happened? Cory walked in to the room but I was couldn’t wipe the confused look from my face. “Are you ready for tonight?” I asked him though I couldn’t really care less if he wasn’t. I was too concerned about Vanessa. “I’m good but what’s up with you?” He asked. “Hmm?” I mumbled.

“What’s got you looking so confused?” He enquired raising a brow. I told him exactly what happened a few minutes ago. “I’m not even sure if I get what just happened to be honest. One minute she was all over me and the next she was screaming at me.” I told him once I’d finished.

“Maybe she thinks she’s unworthy because you didn’t take things further.” He said. “That’s not what I think at all!” I replied. “I know that but remember that Stefan dumped her after he did that to her and she said she felt like trash or whatever. So maybe she’s feeling insecure about that or something.” He told me. “I just don’t want to rush into something that she’s not ready for.” I mumbled. “Well it’s not your choice to make; it’s hers.”  He said before patting me on the shoulder and walking out.

Funnily enough, i had every intention of making chapter 21 the last chapter and then doing the epilogue but whaddya know, we got some Ness and Marcus drama! Please Vomment :P Nana