The Forgotten (16)

Marcus' P.O.V

I wasn’t as oblivious to Stefan being in that restaurant as Ness may have thought. I didn’t want to cause a scene because I could tell that his presence was bothering her. I also didn’t want to start anything before I got angry and revealed my not so nice side to Vanessa. I was trying really hard to impress her and I didn’t want that dickhead Stefan to mess that up.

When I said that I wanted to see Cory, that was just an excuse but I was happy when she bought it. I was very agitated with how long she spent in the bathroom and the fact that Stefan kept on smirking at me from across the restaurant had riled me up.

I walked into Cory’s room and he raised his eyebrows at me. “What’s up with you?” He asked me. “Stefan.” I growled not able to keep a lid on my anger anymore. “Who’s that?” He enquired. “Some dickhead that hurt Ness.” I replied. “Was he the guy who attacked her on the beach last week?” Cory asked and I nodded. My blood boiled as I recalled Vanessa’s tear streaked face as her brother carried her into our room.

“Did you see him today or something?” He enquired raising an eyebrow. “Yep.” I replied popping the p. I started to pace to get rid of my residual anger. “Don’t you think you should be downstairs comforting her then?” He suggested and that I stopped. “She’s probably more affected than you are.” He went on and my eyes widened. She was probably all alone in her bedroom. Oh shit!

I ran up to our room without saying anything to Cory. I saw her sitting on the bed. I looked at her face and saw the tear tracks; proof that she was upset. I wish I could kick myself for being so selfish and stupid. I walked over to her and she smiled weakly at me.

“Are you okay?” I asked her even though I knew she wasn’t. I could see a mix of emotions on her face; some I couldn’t name. “Of course I am. Why wouldn’t I be?” She replied walking past me but I caught her arm. I spun her around to face and she bit her lip. She refused to meet my eyes which confused me. Was I the problem?

“Have I done something wrong?” I asked her softly and she shook her head. “You’ve been great.” She replied without looking at me. “Then what’s wrong?” I demanded lifting her chin up so she would look at me. “I have something to tell you but I don’t know if you’re interested.” She replied. I watched her and I could tell there was a puzzled look on my face. “I’m scared of what you’ll say.” She tried again in a whisper.

“Just tell me.” I said smiling at how cute she looked with the nervous expression on her face. “It’s been a really long time since I’ve felt this way and it’s almost like I’ve forgotten what it feels like but I really like you Marcus. I know you probably don’t feel the same way but I have to tell you. We can just be friends though if you don’t want to...” She mumbled trailing off.

I stared at her in shock. How could she think that I wouldn’t feel the same? She started to shift uncomfortably and she was looking everywhere but me. I hadn’t realised but I had released her arm when she had finished the speech. “Shit this is embarrassing. Just forget I said anything.” She muttered quickly trying to rush past me again but I caught her arm again.

“What the fuck Marcus? I said to forget about it!” She shouted at me. I ignored that and stepped closer to her. I bent down until my mouth was right next to her ear. “I like you too.” I whispered in her and pulled back to grin at her. I bent to down to kiss her soft lips, mentally cheering when she wrapped her arms my neck. I deepened the kiss and tightened my arms around her waist.

I pulled back and smiled at her. She smiled back still looking a bit nervous. “You don’t know how long I’ve been waiting to do that.” I told her. “I can imagine.” She replied grinning. I bent down to capture those luscious lips with mine again when Lia walked through the door.

We jumped apart as Lia squealed. “You guys are finally together!” She exclaimed jumping up and down. She hugged Vanessa and watched as she pulled her out of the room to tell Hayley. I rolled my eyes but couldn’t help but smile a little.

Vanessa finally trusted me enough to let me in. I was more than happy; I was ecstatic! I walked down to Cory’s room with a smile on my face. He grinned at me and slapped me on the back. “So you guys finally admitted your feelings then?” He said as if it was a question but he clearly knew the answer. “How did you... Hayley!” I said realising and shaking my head. Girls were such gossips.

“I’m happy for you guys. Everyone was wondering when you would finally get it together.” Cory commented and I just smiled. “So is this how she’s showing that she trusts you then?” He joked grinning but his comment made me freeze. I had completely forgotten that she was going to tell me about what Stefan did. I don’t really want to ask her to tell me but after this excitement will she remember to tell me what he did?

I walked back up to our room and Ness sat on her bed smiling. She looked at me with such a soft expression that I couldn’t bear to kill the mood with thoughts of Stefan. I walked over to her and kissed her with all that. We fell back on the bed and she rolled on top of me.

She broke the kiss abruptly and I looked at her with a confused expression. I looked at our position and my eyes widened. “I wasn’t trying to” I started but she silenced me with a kiss so sweet that I groaned when she pulled back. “Before we do anything, I have to tell you about Stefan.” She explained and I stiffened at the mention of his name.

I sat up and looked down at her. She climbed on my lap and started pacing. She looked terrified and I could see that see that she was slightly shaking. I walked over to her and placed my hands on her shoulders. “Tell me.” I told her softly. “Please don’t change your view of me.” She whispered. Oh dear, I can tell I’m not going to like this...

She's going to tell Marcus! :O Well guys i hate to say it but this means that there is only a few more chapters left. Thanks for the support!

This chapter is dedicated to naemichelle116 because she's an amazing fan and she has really motivated me to update so thanks a lot!