The Forgotten (13)

I could Lia and Hayley giggling around me and it was really annoying. I really value my sleep on the weekends. “Go away.” I mumbled. I tried to bury myself under my covers but the annoying duo decided to pull it off. The cool breeze sent a chill up my spine and I was rudely awakened. I opened my eyes to look at my new enemies and saw them grinning like Cheshire cats. “What is your problem? Do you really hate me that much?” I whined. “Of course not but we need to get you ready for today.” Lia told me grinning. I stumbled past her and went into the bathroom and brushed my teeth. (I brought some stuff from my room while Marcus was in the games room)

After I brushed my teeth I finally realised what Lia had said. “What do you mean by ‘get me ready’? It’s Hayley who’s going on a date.” I asked them. Hayley and Lia exchanged a very sly glance and I narrowed my eyes. “What are you two up to?” I demanded. “You’re going to make Marcus jealous.” Hayley told me. I just stared at her blankly. “You told us that he asked that Melissa girl to be his date so you’re gonna show him what he’s missing and we’re gonna help you.” Lia explained. “This will never work.” I muttered.

“Wow that only took us an hour and a half. I’m surprised we made it in time.” Hayley commented. “We don’t leave for another two hours.” I said exasperated. “Well I have to get ready don’t I?” Hayley replied winking and I rolled my eyes. They straightened my hair which I think is silly because I’m just going to have to tie it up later on. My face was covered in makeup. “I look like a Barbie doll.” I complained. “No you don’t; stop complaining. Just because you don’t wear makeup doesn’t mean once you do, you turn plastic.” Lia scolded as she curled Hayley’s hair. Maybe I exaggerated a little bit; I have mascara and liquid eyeliner on. I have light purple eye-shadow on and lip gloss. They tried to put foundation on me but that’s when I had to draw the line.

“Those high waist shorts really suit you.” Hayley commented as I tried my hardest to no avail to pull them down. “That reminds me.” I muttered as I pulled out my phone and dialled my sister’s number. “Do you have any idea what time it is?” She complained. “Batty riders? Are you serious?” I asked. “Are you wearing them? Take a picture and put it up on Facebook now!” She demanded. “So you’re awake now huh?” I muttered. “Who made you wear them?” She asked. “We did!” Hayley and Lia shouted as they had been listening in on the conversation. They snatched my phone out of my hands and put it on loudspeaker. “You guys are my heroes. I’ve been trying to get her to wear those for like months now.” My sister told them. “You only got them for me three weeks a go!” I exclaimed. “That’s almost a month dude.” She replied. “Whatever. What cardigan can I wear with this?” I asked them all. “Are you wearing that light blue vest top and your gladiator sandals with it?” My sister enquired. “Yeah.” I replied. “Then you don’t need anything else. Your outfit is complete.” She told me.

“You want me to walk out in broad daylight in just this?” I repeated for the third time. “Baby come back to sleep.” I heard a male voice call out. “Jess you wouldn’t happen to be sleeping with a man would you?” I asked sneakily. “Erm.” She replied. “Vanessa would you please be quiet; we’ve had a busy night and we need to sleep.” Luke told me. “I’ll bet. I guess now that you’ve tainted my sister you could call me Ness once in a while.” I replied. “Are you serious Ness?” My sister gasped. “Jessica you have to call me Vanessa.” I deadpanned and Luke laughed. “Desculpa.” (sorry) She whined before I hung up laughing. “You’re so evil to your sister.” Hayley remarked. “I try.” I replied smiling and they both laughed.

We walked down to the front of the hotel room and watched as the guys turned around. As soon as Cory saw Hayley, he couldn’t stop grinning. Lia and I noticed and giggled which caused Hayley to blush. She was wearing a lilac playsuit and white sandals. Lia was wearing a floral top with denim shorts and black sandals. I noticed a female among the group of boys and my heart sank. Melissa was standing next to Marcus with an arm around of his waist. She gave me a smug smile before turning her attention back to Marcus. He at least had the decency to look a bit guilty before turning away.