July 3rd, 1905

After two months of restless travel we have arrived in America. Coney Island is we're our boat is stationed, then Mr. Hammerstein will greet us after we arrive. Gustave has talked nonstop about Coney Island and how he wants to see the theme park and the beaches. I promised that we would visit them once before we leave. Raoul has been dreading this trip since we left. He is not fond of traveling or going someplace new for what he considers a point less reason. Me and Raoul have grown apart, I'll always love him but I can't handle the negativity he brings to our family. I'm done with Raoul Vicomte DeChanty.
"Are you excited to see America Gustave?"
"I'm thrilled mother!"
I smiled and held my child's hand walking with him to the deck. Raoul followed close behind us having some maids carry out our luggage.
As the boat docked me and Gustave looked up to see the Statue of Liberty. It was beautiful and brought tears to my eyes.
"Are you ready darling?" I asked Gustave. He nodded and walked with me off the boat.

"Look! There She is!"
The reports yelled as I walked off the boat with my child and my husband following.
As we walked off the boat to the dock reporters snapped photos of all of us which startled Gustave.
"Christine! Christine!"
Yelled the reporters
"Her name is Madam DeChanty. Stand aside."
Raoul said standing in front of me and Gustave.
One of the photographers snapped a photo and Raoul turned to him.
"No pictures do you hear, no pictures of the boy."
Gustave ran over to Raoul and held his hand as some ladies came over to me.
"Your first performance in years, why are you singing at the Met?"
I walked over to absinthe mans question but Raoul interrupted me.
"The Viscountess has been requested by the well know Mr. Oscar Hammerstein. To open his new Manhattan opera house."
"Yeah it's for the money right all that American moo la!"
Raoul turned angrily to the man.
"How dare you! My wife is an artist!"
"Yeah and her art is paying off your gambling debts is what their saying in France. Is it true you left your entire fortune on a roulette table in Monte Carlo? "
"You insolent jackle how dare you!"
I put my hand on his shoulder to stop him from charging at the man.

"Mother look right over there, that carriage."
Gustave said interested in something.
I turned and saw a carriage with no horses. How is that even possible..

"Honored friends welcome to America! Take a seat rest your feet, Mr. Hammerstein is expecting you."
"Are you the ones who he sent to receive us?"
I asked curiously.
"Yes we work for him closely.."
I nodded and got in the carriage with Gustave. Raoul hopped in later after arguing about how he should have been here to greet us.
"Mother I'm excited to see the city and all the lights!"
"I am too darling.."
I said kissing his forehead and sitting back as they took us to the hotel.