February 10th, 1895

"It's a boy."
The nurse said handing me my first child. I held him in my arms and smiled.
"He's so beautiful." I said almost astonished at his little features. My darling child, my first child and I'm only seventeen. I was married to my childhood lover just nine months ago, Raoul. My dearest Raoul was so excited when he found out I was pregnant, until I realized that It wasn't his child. The night before we were married I realized that my feelings towards the man who deceived me were real. Of course I love Raoul, he was there for me through the heartbreak of my fathers death, he was there when I was frightened of the Phantom the man who made me think he was my fathers angel. Raoul has provided so much for me when I came to his home after being kidnapped by him. Raoul was a wonderful gentleman until our honeymoon. He started to gamble at the casino in our hotel, it soon became a habit of his to gamble and drink. I've tried to help him but it happens again and again. He's now thirty and not even her for my first child that he believes is his. My child's real father isn't here either. The phantom took my innocence then the next morning when I stayed I woke and he was gone. It broke my heart that a man who I loved, who I still love yet fear.
"What are you going to name him Madam?"
Asked the nurse.
"Gustave. After my father." I said softly kissing his forehead.
"That's perfect Christine.." I heard a man say.
I looked up from my child and saw my husband in the doorway.
"Raoul! I thought you were on a Business trip in Germany.."
He came over to my side and held my hand.
"I wouldn't miss my child's birth little lotte." He kissed my head.
"O Raoul I'm happy you made it.."
I said then noticed his stench. He reeked of alcohol. I stayed quiet knowing that it would cause a distress.
He smiled and kissed our child. As I handed him Gustave I noticed on the child's back a small scar. Shock overwhelmed me, there is no doubt now about who the child's father is.
"What's the matter Lotte?"
I looked back at my husband.
"Nothing, I'm just very thankful for our little gift.."
Why did my angel have to leave me, I didn't even know his name.