Chapter 22

******Taylor POV******

Jake has been amazing to me. Like last night, I don't know what came over me. But he was there to hold me. I pull on skinny jeans and I'm starting to put on my jersey, when Jake opens his door.

"Oops. Sorry." He says, staring. Then he looks away, blushing. I laugh.

"It's fine." I reply. I finish putting it on, while Jake ties his shoes.

"Look. We're matching." I say, hugging him.

"That we are." He replies, walking towards my door, me still hugging him. I let go and we walk downstairs, his arm around my waist. I'm surprised to see the whole team standing in my kitchen.

"And they come out." Zach yells.

"What were ya doing in there?" Garrett asks, waggling his eyebrows.

I'm surprised it was Garrett who said that. He seems cool about the whole no date thing.

"Nothing. Zach, what'd you tell them?" I ask, glaring at him.

"Oh. Just the usual. You. Jake. Make out party." He says, raising one shoulder.

"Zach!!!!" We both yell. Then I run into Zach and tackle him. I sit on his chest, bouncing a little.

"Victory is miiiine." I yell. Jake laughs at me and Zach.

"Get. Her. Off." Zach grunts.

"Ehhh. What do you think, Taylor?" Jake asks.

"Hmmmm. I don't know. He did spill our epic secret." I say, but then I get up. When I glance up, I see someone standing in the doorway. My dad. Why the hell does he keep coming back??

"Oh. Hey, dad." I say, acting natural. Beside me, Jake tenses.

"What the fuck was that, Taylor?" My dad yells, not bothering to keep it between us.

"Um.-" I start.

"That was Taylor being herself. Got a problem with it?" Jake asks, stepping in front of me. God, I love this boy so much.

"And you are...." My dad says, glaring at Jake.

"Jake Westveiw. We've met numerous times. One of them was the most recent when I answered the door in boxers. I'm also Mike's best friend. Taylor's-" Jake starts.

"Best friend." I say, jumping in.

"Best friends since I met Mike." Jake says, nodding.

"And who are they?" My dad asks, nodding towards the football team. They're just staring at us. Of course Zach steps in, too.

"I'm Zach. And I'm desperately in love with your daughter. Do I have you permission to marry her?" Zach says, getting down on one knee.

"What the fuck?" My dad yells. I can't answer him. I'm dying laughing. I collapse into Jake's arms. Both of us laughing are our faces off. Zach gets up.

"Thank you. Thank you very much." He says bowing.

"Dad. Meet. My. Family." I say, gasping for air.

"Bullshit. I'm your family." He says.

"Nope. This is my football team. And they're my new family." I reply.

"But you're...my daughter." He says, pausing in the middle.

"Nope. You disowned me when you and mom left a while ago. And I mean you took Mike's life and never said a word to anyone about it." I say, blurting out the secret that I've been keeping all this time. There are gasps all around me. Jake just stares at me.

"Get out. Get the fuck away from Taylor. Get the fuck away from me. Get the fuck away from this house. You don't fucking deserve it." Jake says, keeping his voice low as tears stream down his face.

"You killed my best friend. Your son. Her brother. All because you were a fucking drunkie. Get out." Jake says, his voice raising a notch.

"You knew. That's why you hate me." My dad says, staring at me before slamming the door. As soon as it shuts, I collapse. This time from tears. It's amazing how one second you can collapse from laughter and the next second from tears.