Chapter 13

AN: First off, for anyone that is reading this, please don't stop. Secondly, I know that right now it's mostly drama, but I have to clear some things up. Make it a bit more interesting. But don't worry, the football stuff is coming soon. Thirdly, thank you for reading my little rant. Now onto the book. 😃😃

**************Jake POV*************

I laugh to myself, thinking about Taylor. I see a door that's almost hidden. So, I walk over to it and open it. There's a bathroom with a shower, sink, and of course, a toilet. That will make things a lot easier in the morning. She comes into my new room and sits on my bed. I look at her suspiciously.

"You know you can't tell the boys about this, right?" She asks. For a moment, I'm confused. Then I realize that she doesn't want them asking questions.

"Yeah. I know. They'd ask why." I reply. She nods, but stays silent.

"I don't want to be like this anymore. I don't want to be all weak and scared. I wanna be strong and brave. I wanna be like Mike was." She says suddenly.

"What? You're already amazing. You've been living on your own for several months." I say, bewildered.

"From now on, my life will be almost all about football. I need a scholarship in order to get into college. I can't pay for it on my own. I need a full ride." She says, her eyes darkening like storm clouds.I put my hands up in mock defense.

"Okay, okay. Just be careful, alright? Don't be too hard on yourself." I say.

"Fine." She says, sighing. Then she goes back into her room. I sigh, rubbing my temples. She's gonna be more focused than ever on football. I just don't want her to get hurt. I hope me being here helps. There's a knock at her door.

I quickly shut mine and I can hear her moving the coat rack back in place.

"H-hi." Taylor stutters.

I hear a deep voice reply, "Where is he?"

"Where is who?" Taylor asks.

"Jacob. He is such a bastard." The guy says.

"He's not here. How did you get in?" Taylor asks, at first fearfully, then her voice stops shaking.

"The door was unlocked." The guy says.

"Oh. Well, Jake might be at the park." Taylor says. The park? I never go there.

"Thank you. My, you're quite pretty." The guy, or pervert says. Then I hear her say 'thank you'. Then there's a bang and I hear some noise on the bed. Great. It's not like I can go out there.

"Please-Stop." Taylor gasps.

"No way. I like this." The pervert says. Then I hear a smack, like someone got punched. And someone falls to the floor. Then my door is opened and I see the guy, unconscious, on the floor.

"I learned from the best." She says, trying to smile.

Her hair is messed up and she's in her bra. I walk over to her bed and pick up her shirt.

"Here." I say, putting it over her head.

"Thanks." She says, blushing a bit. With my help, she drags him out the door and we put him in his car, leaving him there. Then we go back inside and lock all the doors and windows.

"Are you okay?" I ask.

"What? Yeah. I just didn't expect that he would try to rape me." She says, her face turning red.

"I was about to go out there." I say.

"Who is he?" She asks curiously.

"He's this guy that I busted for selling pot. He had been hanging around with my dad and I didn't want my dad involved with anymore of that shit. Apparently he's out of jail and really pissed at me." I explain. "

Oh." She says.

"Yeah. But I'm sorry that happened. You should've just knocked on the wall or something." I say.

"Yeah well, I didn't. And I almost got raped. But you know, it's all good." She says.

"Tay. I'm sorry. I didn't know that he'd try and find me here. I don't know how he would know about you or your house." I apologize.

"It's fine. I'm just shaken up, I guess." She says. I give her a hug and apologize again. Then we both head up to our rooms. I try to forget about the incident. I don't want to even think about his hands on Taylor.