Chapter 11

**********Jake POV*********

I can't believe her mom would do that to her. I clench the steering wheel, making my knuckles turn white. I stop at my house and jump out. When I run inside, I almost crash right into my dad.

"Where have you been?" My dad yells.

"With Taylor." I reply. That calms him down a little. He nods slightly.

"I'm going to be living with Taylor until I graduate. She needs me. Something happened and-" I say before my dad cuts me off.

"I know. Her mom told me. I was wondering when you'd find out. Go on and help her. Don't do anything stupid." He says, giving me a knowing look.

I run downstairs into my room. And grab all my clothes and items. I stuff them into several suitcases. I get my most important things. Like my laptop and stuff I'll need for school. I look around before grabbing my phone and running back upstairs. Well, kind of running. I have 5 suitcases and its kinda hard to carry.

Much to my surprise, my dad takes 2 of them and puts them in the backseat of my truck.

"Bye Dad." I say.

"You can come back anytime." He says. I nod. He grabs my arm and puts a wad of money in my hand.

"Take good care of her." He says gruffly. I nod, then awkwardly hug him and start my truck. I drive off leaving him behind. My dad and I have never had a good relationship. He has a better relationship with the beer in the fridge. He used to be a little abusive but he hasn't in a while.

I don't know if we can repair our relationship. He's hurt me, both physically and emotionally. But I don't want to lose him completely.

**********Taylor POV**********

Jake walks through the door, panting. He's struggling to carry 5 suitcases. I just stare at him.

"Surprise." He says. I can't help but laugh.

"I'm staying with you till we graduate. I already cleared it with my dad." He explains, looking at my face.

"Thank you." I whisper. Then I help him carry his suitcases upstairs.