14

The next morning Ashton peeled his eyes open and looked around his mom's room. He saw the light filtering in through her window and he liked how the smell of her was filling the room. Then his eyes fell on her alarm clock, it was almost two in the afternoon. Ashton shot out of bed in a panic.

"Shit!" He squeaks, running out of his mom's room and down the hall to his. He was so so late to school, why didn't his mom wake him?!

"Ashton?" Speak of the devil.

"Mom!" He gasps, leaning over so he could see past his closet door at to his mom standing in the doorway. "Im so late!"

"Ashton" His mom repeats, keeping her voice low. He stopped frantically flipping through his clothes and turned around to face his mom. "Honey sit down" she says, going over and sitting on his bed, patting the space next to her. Ashton's gut was twisting, his mind racing as he slowly moved over to sit on his bed. "Ashton" she starts, taking his hands in hers, and rubbing her thumbs against the top of them. His stomach was past turning and he could feel bile rising in his throat at the anxiety caused by this situation. "You know how much I love you? How much Lauren and Harry love you?" Her voice was soft, and she kept moving her head so she could look into Ashton's eyes. The boy nods, focusing mainly on trying not to throw up all over his mom. "You know you can come to me for anything?" Another nod.

"And I love you so much that I don't want anything to happen to you, and that means sometimes I have to make really hard decisions" Ashtons vision was getting a little out of focus and he felt his wrists burning. Her hands moved from his, and slowly moved to his arms. Pushing the sleeves up and exposing the scarred and damaged skin underneath it. By now both mother and son where crying.

"Why didn't you come to me instead of this?" The sound of his mothers crying made Ashton cry harder. He kept opening and closing his mouth in attempts to say something, nothing came out so he kept looking like a fish out of water. He felt like a fish out of water.

"This was such a hard choice, but I'm only doing what I think is best for you" Ashton looks up at his moms red eyes in confusion. "Im not sending you away to get rid of you, i'm sending you somewhere where you can get the help you need." Her mouth kept moving but Ashton didn't hear anything. His head was screaming,

She sending you away.

She found out all your secrets and couldn't stand to be in the same house as you

She's disappointed in you

She hates you

"Ashton?" He shakes his head a little and looks at his mom again. She tightens her grip on his arms and he lets out a yelp as the movement pulled at his skin. He rips his arms out of her hands and gets up from the bed.

"Ashton?" His mom asks, getting even more concerned as her son starts to pace. His chest heaving and his hands trembling at his side. "Ash?" His mom reaches toward him and the movement makes him stumble back. His mom gasps as he curls up in the corner of his room. Pulling his knees to his chest and tucking his head into them. She could hear him repeating something and it took a few minutes before she could understand it,

"Luke"

Ashton was repeating Luke's name, rocking back and forth and repeating the only thing he could think of that could help. After a few minutes he hears his mom's voice,

"Hey luke, no this is his mom, uh, I need you to talk to him real quick?" Her voice was frantic and it made Luke panic. Why was Ashton's mom calling Luke? What was wrong. He heard her get closer to Ashton as the sound of crying became clearer. Luke knew what was happening now, and he put the phone on speaker, leaving it on his bed and running to the other side of his room to grab his guitar. When he got back on his bed, the sound of Ashton's wailing was clearer now, and it made Luke's chest tighten.