| Chapter 15 |

'Be my friend

Hold me, wrap me up

Unfold me

I am small and needy

Warm me up

And breathe me."

~ Sia

"Lumi?" I asked as she slept quietly.

"What?" She groans as I tapped her shoulder.

She sat up on the edge of the bed frame with her eyes closed for about ten minutes before looking at me and smiling.

"Good morning raggedy man." She smiled standing up and wrapping her arms around my waist.

"Good morning." I smiled as she rested her head into my shoulder blade.

"Look, shall we talk about last night?" She asked letting go and walking round and looking up.

I held her face,"breakfast?"

"What do you want?" She asked, leaving to go the the door.

"No me and you, my treat." I smiled.

Lumi closed the door behind her, "oh okay." She smiled getting back into bed.

I climbed into bed, I looked down at the short girl, and smiled. She looked at me and held my face with her warm hands on my cold skin.

"Morning sex is supposed to energise you." She giggled.

"I've heard..." I laughed.

She went into the drawer and pulled out the pharmacy bag,"your pick." She said throwing it at me.

I looked at all the different flavours and textures and so on, I picked up a random box and looked at it,"do you? You know want to?" I asked.

"Ashton I love you." She smiled kissing my forehead as I leaned down.

"But..." I hesitantly said.

"My first time Ashton." Lumi said as she held my hand.

I held her hand and mumbled,"same."

She pulled me in and hugged me,"we can wait...?" She said quietly.

I laid down and place my head on her chest, she was wearing a old band tee that was covered in paint, the paint was red and blue. I looked over and pulled the cover up with my feet,"so breakfast?"

"We should talk." She said stroking my forehead.

"Okay." I said burying my head into her arm.

I could feel Lumi breathing deeply, I could feel her chest expand and collapse, it felt unnatural. It felt as of I wasn't suppose to be here. I know I was.

"Ashton?" She said softly.

I nodded,"I'm so sorry I've lied. I want to make things better." She paused. "Do you think we will ever be okay?"

I looked up at her,"I hope so."

~ later that day ~

I held her hand as we sat on the bench at the park, I looked over at her to see her gazing at the children's play park, she didn't speak. She sat there looking at the children playing and smiling.

She turned her head,"what do you think of children?" She asked politely.

I looked over at them playing, " I don't really know."

She gazed at the floor looking at her shoes,"small feet, hands, heart." She said.

I laughed,"I know."

She stood up and walked over to the gate to get out, she turned to me and signalled to come over. I left the park shutting the gate behind myself, we walked over to a small boutique for children's clothes. Lumi stood outside staring at it for a while, she never walked in but I could tell she admired the amount of effort going into the paintings and the wooly jumpers.

"Let's go." She sighed.

"Okay." I wanted to know what was wrong but I was unsure whether to ask her or not.

We walked down the street to an average pub restaurant, we walked in and took a seat outside.

"Do you want anything to drink?" I asked her leaning on the table about to leave.

"Yeah, choose for me." She said.

I walked over to the bar with these really many men watching the football, the looked over at me as I looked at the menu.

"Girlfriend asked you to pick?" Said a man with a beard.

I looked at him,"yeah, what about you?"

"No, she left a long time ago, I recommend the rose wine, I call that the girlfriend saver." He said placing her empty pint glass on the counter.

"Thanks." I smiled over at him.

I ordered the rose wine, it was brought to our table by a lady in a waitress outfit, she placed the bucket of ice with the wine inside with two wine glasses beside it. I opened the bottle and poured two glasses.

"So what was wrong earlier?" I asked, we were in a secluded area of the pub outside where there was three others tables on the terrace.

"Ashton...." She puased,"I really don't know how to tell you this?" She said.

I took a sip of wine,"tell me what?"

"Ashton I can't have children, I never will, I'm so sorry." She said downing the rest of her sorrows in the glass of wine.

I placed my hand over hers,"it's fine we are only 21 we don't need to think about that now.." I said looking at her.

"But Ashton...." She said hesitantly.

I stared in to her eyes that were welling up,"but Ashton what? We are going to be fine, seriously Lumi I love you and I wouldn't change that for a thing. I love you so much, you are so beautiful, I promise you this." She looked over at me and started to cry a little, I wiped the tear from her under her eye,"if you go my heart would break." I said looking at her.

"You Mr Irwin is the reason I've applied to live in Australia!" She smiled.

"You've what?" I said.

"Ashton if I get accepted I'm going to be living here obviously I would have my own place and all but I can see you more often?" She said smiling.

"Lumi that's amazing!" I said standing up and kissing her on the lips.

She started to smile and cry, she was full of mixed emotions I could tell. I was so happy that of she got accepted that she would be able to love here.

Lumi soon left that evening to see someone at the embassy about her visa, she had to go to the Swedish and British embassy as she is a national of two countries.

I missed her a lot I must say, I know she was only gone for hours but It's tuff.

I get these feelings that I can't really explain when I see lumi, she makes me happy and refreshed. She makes me want to be a better person.