Hunting & "Training"

Norris helped. Enjoy!- rAzzberricupcAke

Rae's Point Of View

"Maybe we could share this with the rest of the homestead?" I killed a bear. Me. I don't even know how it happened. It just...did.

"I'm sure they would appreciate it." Myriam smiled. "You think the boys will be impressed?"

"I'm not sure."

"This must be your first kill. Relax, it's fine." Myriam started to skin the bear. "It's a lot of work but in the end, it's worth it."

After that, we started hunting again. I was taught how to use a bow but, always failed miserably. "We should probably go check on Norris and Connor. We've skinned about 15 animals already."

"And we could use a break." Myriam laughed. "They shouldn't be that far."

"I think they're right over that hill."

"Speaking of Connor, I never got to ask how the training went."

"Right. The training. It went rather good."

"How so?"

"Well..."

~~~~~Flashback~~~~~

"You need to start out by learning how to use a bow." Connor said.

"I'm sure it's easy."

"It is not as easy as you think."

"Just tell me my target."

"That tree." He pointed to the left of us. "You have to-"

"I know what I'm doing." I loaded the arrow in the bow. I aimed the arrow at the tree and released it. I sighed.

"You missed."

"I can see that Connor."

"Allow me to help you."

"I'm fine Connor. I can do it. I'm not a kid." Connor backed away, allowing me to aim for the target once again. I missed. I guess I'm not as good as I thought I was. Seems like training is a good thing.

"You missed...again." Connor smirked.

"It's not funny. Now come help me, please."

He got behind me. "You want to aim straight for the target-"

"I was aiming for the target!"

"I assure you, you would have hit it twice if you were."

"Fine. What do I do?"

Connor instructed me on how to get into the right position. Also which foot to put forward and which foot not to. With his help, I hit the target.

"Now, you have to do it yourself." He stepped away from me. I aimed at the target again. I released the arrow. Again, I missed the target. This time though, it was only an inch to the left.

"What happened this time?" I sighed.

"You were turned to the left, instead of facing the tree directly."

"I was straight!"

Connor sighed. "I wonder if Achilles had this much trouble teaching me." He mumbled.

"What was that Connor?"

"Nothing."

"I heard you."