Creak

This chapter is short due to me leaving for four days. At least I updated right? Right?!

Connor was still asleep and it was morning now. Achilles left with the doctor to find some medicine. Even though the poison didn't kill Connor, there's still a chance he could die. I carefully and quietly walked over to him. I put my head on his chest to see if he was still breathing. Thankfully, he was.

"You're still breathing, that's good. It's morning. The doctor said you should be fine by this time, but you're still not awake. I'm going to go downstairs for a minute. Just don't die when I'm gone." Just looking at him in this condition, made me feel like it was my fault. Maria's my sister. Meaning she's also my responsibility.

Since no one else is here, I should figure out what that other candelabra does. I walked downstairs to the back of the stairs where the candelabras were. As soon as  I reached for it, there was a knock on the door.

"Every time!" I yelled at myself.

Opening the door, Norris hugged me tightly.  "Great to see you too Norris." I said, trying to breathe through my words.

"Norris you're killing her!" Myriam laughed.

"Oh, Sorry." I invited them in. Myriam hugged me this time. Not as tight as Norris did though.

"Do you either of you want something to drink?"

"No. We're alright, thank you."

"How is he?" Myriam asked.

"He's breathing fine. He just hasn't woken up yet. The poison wasn't meant to kill him, but it still could. I worry though, he should've woken up by now."

Myriam and Norris exchanged looks. Then they smiled. "You love him!" They both yelled.

"Shhh! He's still asleep. Do you want him to hear you?"

They both looked at each other again. "Yes!"

"Shhh!"

"Sorry." They laughed.

"You people are terrible."

"So you're saying he's not an attractive man?"

"I never said that. He, he really is actually. Very attractive." I mean Connor is a really great looking man. I've always seen it. I just never paid that much attention.

"She's lost." I heard someone say. "Rae!"

"What? Oh I'm sorry. I was...out of it."

"We can tell. You were thinking about Connor." Norris teased.

"N-no I wasn't. Stop it."

The steps creaked from behind us, almost making us fall off our chairs. The footsteps were quiet, but heavy. "Is everything alright? I heard screaming." It was Connor.

"Everything's fine. It was just Norris and Myriam."

"Hello my friend! Are you feeling better?" Norris asked him.

"Yes, thank you. Hello Myriam."

"Hello Connor. Great to hear you're doing fine. Well, me and Norris were thinking about going out to pick up some supplies and hunt. Would you both like to join us?"

"I'll join you." I said.

"I will join you both as well. It should go faster that way. Maybe we could finish your training Rae." Connor said.

"Might as well, while we're out there." I responded.

"Training? What kind of training?" Norris asked disgustingly.

I hit Norris in the chest and pointed at him. "Quiet. You're disgusting."

"We should be on our way then." Norris laughed, walking towards the door. "Ladies first." He held the door open for Myriam and I but, his eyes were on Myriam.

"You alright Norris? You seem a little...out of it." I asked laughing at our previous conversation.

"You should know." He laughed back.

"Nice one."

"Thank you."

Connor's Point Of View

"You alright Norris? You seem a little...out of it." Rae asked laughing at him.

"You should know." Norris laughed back.

"Nice one."

"Thank you."

I closed the door to Achilles's home. What are they talking about? Why do I feel...angry? It seemed interesting to me, for some reason. "Norris." I called him over to me.

"Yes Connor?"

"What were you and Rae talking about."

"Oh that, nothing really! Just about our little conversation we had earlier."

"What conversation?"

"About...nothing. Never mind that."

"Norris."

"Alright, alright. You didn't hear it from me. If Rae asks, you overheard her. She...finds you...very attractive."

"What?"

"I know you find her the same."

"I-I, we should get going."

"Of course. Don't want to be late for your 'training' do you?"

Now that Norris mentioned it. Rae was very...beautiful. It was strange. I felt a sort of pulling inside of me. It was not normal. Not normal for me. I think...I love her.

Awwww!!! Isn't that cute?! This is to thank you for the reads on this story. It's not the most reads a person can have, but just to reach over 2,000 reads and the votes and amazing comments. Thank you.