Chapter 7

~~

Sam looked up when he heard someone walk in. He smiled brightly and tried to sit up. It was a bit painful but he managed.

"Hey Jess!" He said excitedly. Jessica smiled slightly and played with her hands. She walked over and stood beside Sam. "Hey Sam.." She said quietly.

Dean looked between the two and took a deep breath. "I'll leave you guys alone." He said and walked out. He hated whenever he had to leave his brother's side, even if it was only for a few seconds. Going to work was hard for him.

"So Jess.." Sam said awkwardly. He didn't know what to do. He had never done something like this before. He'd dated but never told someone he'd loved them.

"Sam..you look horrible." She said and her eyes widened. "Oh my god I'm sorry! I didn't mean to say that!"

Sam chuckled slightly and looked down. He shrugged. "No it's okay. I know I do." He sighed. Jess placed her hand gently over Sam's and sighed sadly.

"Your brother said you wanted to tell me something."

Sam nodded slowly an took a deep breath. "I know I'm going to die.. I don't know when but I know it's going to be sooner rather than later. Since you know I have inoperable cancer."

Jess tensed beside him and he looked up. "So I wanted to tell you that I love you before I go. Because I do."

Sam waited and waited..and waited. For Jess to say something but she didn't. She leaned over and pressed a soft kiss to Sam's lips before standing back up. Sam didn't move he just watched her.

"I'm sorry Sam. You're my best friend." She said softly and Sam nodded. He had expected as much. Except for the kiss. He hadn't expected that.

"Then why..did you kiss me?" He asked quietly.

"To say goodbye." Jess said softly. "I'm moving." She said and Sam nodded sadly. "Oh.." Jess gave Sam a hug. Barely there since she didn't want to hurt him.

Then she walked out. Dean had kept his promise.. Sam supposed that's all that mattered. He wanted the best for Jess anyways not for her to be stuck with him.

~~

Dean pushed some hair out of Sam's face and sighed quietly. His little brother had been sleeping a lot lately and he was so weak. So weak.

Dean hated to leave him now but he had already talked to Sammy and he had given him a small smile and told Dean to go for it. Go find love whether it was with this guy Castiel or someone else.

Dean had given a sad smile. Why was his brother so awesome and yet he had to die?! Dean didn't think it was fair.

But he had pushed Sam out of his mind for tonight. He felt a bit guilty about it but he wouldn't be able to actually decide anything about Castiel if he was hung up on worrying about his brother. And that wasn't fair to Cas.

--

Castiel sat on the bench of the bus stop. He was waiting for Dean. It was the only place he could think of to meet the guy. Plus they needed to take the bus anyways since none of them had a car or anything.

They had agreed to meet at six and Cas had gotten at the bus stop at exactly 5:50. He wanted to be early so he could get his thoughts together.

Except now.. Now it was an hour later. 6:50 pm. Cas had waited an hour and Dean never showed up. Cas felt like crying. He was an idiot. How could he not see this coming? Of course a guy like Dean would stand Castiel up. Cas wanted to go home. Only ten minutes until the next bus. 7:00 pm and he could get on that bus and go home and cry himself to sleep. In a manly way of course..