Chapter 2

The man sat at the bench at his regular bus stop, next to a man that he didn't know. He wished he still had his car, but it had been years since he'd had it. He still couldn't believe it, years. Such long ago, and yet it seemed like just yesterday.

~~

The bills were piling up, and there was barely any food in the cabinets or the fridge. All of his money was going towards his college classes and medicine for his little brother.

He was only eighteen at the time, and worked at a small restaurant as a waiter. Not enough money coming in for everything. So he had to decide what to do. He knew what he had to do, but he didn't want to. Not at all.

"Dean, you can't do that. Dad gave it to you."

His little brother Sammy had said to him. He had only nodded and had sold his car. His father was dead, he'd died a while ago actually, when Dean was around twelve. The only thing he had left for his older son was his black 1967 Chevy Impala. And now it was gone.

~~

Dean put his phone in his pocket and grabbed his regular coffee and his briefcase, standing up and walking onto his bus. Another day, just as hard, but it didn't matter. He liked his job, and he needed it anyways.

--

The man sat at his regular bus stop, next to a man he didn't know. He never needed a car, he lived by himself in an apartment just a little ways off, it was small but affordable and just enough for the one man to live in. His work was only a bus ride away and everything else, he could walk to. So why bother paying for a car?

~~

"Castiel, I'll miss you little brother."

Castiel's older brother Gabriel hugged him and patted him on the back, then pulled away. He looked sadly at his older brother as he gathered up his suitcase in his hand.

"Well you are the only one."

And with that he left his childhood home forever. His parents, as soon as he'd turned eighteen, had kicked him out. They were very religious and Castiel, although he believed in the same God, was homosexual. He believed that God still loved him, he had made him hadn't he? Just because he loved other guys didn't mean his parents had to hate him, but they did.

And so Castiel was on his own.

~~

Castiel stood up, carefully putting his book in an oversized pocket in his trench coat, and walked up to his bus.