You Slept With My Sister and I'm The One Carrying Your Child? (3)

“I’ve met me and now I’ve met you I can tell we can be a perfect fit” He smirked

“Does that work with the ladies?” I laughed

“A few...” He grumbled

“Well I better head out, I have to get back home” I smiled collecting my bag, getting off the stool I was sat on.

“Wait, can I at least get your number?” Lloyd asked

“Well Mr. Popular let’s see if you can figure it out” I winked and left him stunned at the bar

It was Thursday morning and I was racking my head trying to win the Jenson case which was appearing in court the following week. “His alibi checks out, but his witness refuses to stand in court!” I murmured flicking through the pile of papers. I pushed my glasses up the bridge of my nose as if that would help me see a solution.

“Miss Daniels, Mr Edwards is here to see you” My assistant Sonja said appearing from the door

“Tell him I’m busy” Having Tristan here was not going to help whatsoever

“He says it’s urgent” Sonja looked desperate, I hadn’t told her about the situation nor had I told anyone else since it happened – My mom called numerous times to ask if I was alright, but with my hormones going crazy I couldn’t face her any longer and dove in to my work instead.

“I repeat - tell him I’m busy” I said looking up glaring at Sonja through my glasses.

“Of course” Sonja nodded scurrying out of the door

 I rifled through the papers again only to have no luck. I leaned back in my chair in frustration, taking off my glasses putting them back on to my table with a soft thud. Nothing was going my way and I was getting tired of my luck these past two weeks.

Sonja appeared again at my door looking rather sheepish “Mr Edwards-“her sentence was left incomplete as Tristan barged his way past her and the door.

“Get out” I said frustrated at both him and the case left on my table unsolved

“Listen to me Haylee-“

“I thought I told you I never wanted to see you again?” I questioned

“I know you hate me right now, but I need to tell you something”

That was when I realised Sonja was standing there clueless of what was happening “Sonja you can leave now” I rolled my eyes as she nodded then scurried out of the door for the second time today.

“Tristan what do you need because I have to work” the man in front of me looked as if he hadn’t showered for days, face left unshaven and dark circles appearing under his eyes.

“Anne’s pregnant” was what he said, before his eyes reached nothing, but the gaze of my hardwood floors. Somehow I had managed to walk over to him, pull my arm back and throw my fist directly at his jaw. “I deserve that” he mumbled