You Slept With My Sister and I'm The One Carrying Your Child? (14)

Waking up to the smell of fresh bacon made my eyes flutter open. It was the perfect way to wake up to, a month had gone and little Eva and I were accompanied by Lloyd’s perfect cooking once more. The poor guy was trying his best to allow me to have a good night’s rest. Eva was keeping me up constantly and I didn’t know how or when it happened, but Lloyd had been sleeping in my guest room since we left the hospital.

I grabbed my nightgown, tying it loosely and made my way to find Eva and Lloyd in the kitchen, Eva in Lloyd’s arms with a bottle of milk in his hand. Not only was he feeding me, but her as well. “Mornin’” I yawned, opening my arms for my baby girl. Although she was too adorable for words, she had the lung capacity of Mariah Carey and then some.

Happily handing me the newborn, he released a yawn of his own “You know that your guest room isn’t all that comfortable right?” Rolling my eyes, I knew where he was going with this conversation. Although my apartment was a two and a half bedroom he was insisting I’d move in with him and his mansion. However, as delightful as that sounded I couldn’t help, but deny the offer.

“Sleep on the couch then” I smiled down at the baby in my arms, who was smiling back at me.

“Or I could sleep in your bed” he winked

Adjusting slightly so I could grab a slice of bacon “Sure, I can sleep in the guestroom” I shrugged

“You’re no fun!” he whined, walking over to where Eva and I were, he wrapped an arm around my shoulders “We should really talk” he mumbled.

When Eva’s diaper felt heavy I knew she was giving me the perfect excuse to avoid this conversation. “Later, this little one has had a happening in her diaper” I laughed as he shook his head, smiling a small smile, letting the conversation slide.

I know what you’re all thinking; I should just date him already. He’s been with me through the entire pregnancy, he’s caring, kind, sympathetic and not to mention hot. But how can I girl expect someone to just drop everything and take care of her and her daughter?

Taking Eva to her nursery, having her whine slightly at the fact her diaper needed changing. Lloyd quickly joined us, “Are you ready for tonight?” he asked stroking Eva’s head.

I rolled my eyes, tonight was the day that Kim was taking me out on the town. She had complained that it had been far too long since I’ve had a good night out, which of course was true. However, the idea of waking up tomorrow morning to a screaming child just didn’t seem good for a hangover.

After weeks of pestering me to go, Lloyd and Kim ganged up on me and forced me to leave the apartment since I had to go back to work on Monday, it would be my last chance to have fun, was what they said. Even roping in Maria to babysit the four week old to put my mind at rest, I had no choice but to go with this awful idea.

“Sure” I grumbled changing Eva’s diaper. “A good night out with Kim is dancing the night away with martinis and shots”

Picking up Eva, Lloyd laughed “You know it’ll be the first time I’ve seen a drunk Haylee and for the love of God I hope you’re a sexy drunk” he winked

“Oh really?” I questioned, raising and eyebrow “You know that I’m more of a violent drunk”

Smirking as per usual “What about New Year’s Eve 2010? I heard you danced on top of tables, grabbing the attention of all the customers. Using an handkerchief in mysterious ways-“ I slammed my hand over his mouth.

“Not when there’s a baby in the room” I hissed “And Kim is so dead when I see her tonight” my cheeks instantaneously heating up. In all hopes of Kim being too drunk to remember the events of that night were gone. Even I couldn’t recall all of what happened then, yet the videos on Maria’s cell phone were enough to make me want to forget.