You Slept With My Sister and I'm The One Carrying Your Child? (13)

It seemed like forever until the contractions got slightly worse, Lloyd was keeping himself calm minus the times Doctor Martin had to check my dilation. That was when he squirmed as if someone had trampled him.

I was at eight centimetres and was slowly getting to the ten I needed to be at, although I was prepared to give birth I wasn’t prepared for the man who just stormed in to my hospital room.

-----------------------------------

“WHAT IS THIS?” Tristan demanded, anger running through his veins and betrayal covering his face.

I sighed, taking a deep breath. “Tristan, get out”

Not seeing sense he continued to yell “NOT UNTIL I GET SOME ANSWERS!”

“I’m about to push a 7lb baby out of me. That is what is going on, you do not want to aggravate me right now Tristan Jonathan Edwards because I am high drugs right now and I won’t think twice to smash your face in to the wall” I glared, taking a deep breath wincing at the contractions, they were coming more painful and more frequently.

Maria was already wiping the sweat from my forehead and tried to soothe me, “Tristan get out before I drag you outside” Lloyd threatened

“I have no idea who the hell you are or how you know my name. But I am not missing the birth of my child” Tristan spat

Lloyd’s infamous smirk came in to view “This is not your child and me? I’m you worse nightmare. Now get out, now that I’m asking you nicely”

“Who the hell do you think you are? That is my child in there!” Tristan pointed in my general direction.

Maria rolled her eyes “You two stop bickering and Tristan, get Doctor Martin”

Rushing outside the douche bag left the room; Lloyd rushed to hold my hand in the both of his. “You okay?” I nodded

“I guess she wants to get out of here as much as I do” I laughed wincing at the pain

“And I bet she’s just as beautiful as her mother” He smiled kissing my hand

“Stop flirting with her, she has an important job to do” Maria laughed holding my other hand. “And I’m totally going to kill Anne after this” she grumbled

Doctor Martin came in to the room with Tristan trailing behind her. “Right Haylee, I’ll just check your dilation and we’ll see if you’re ready to start pushing okay?” She lifted the sheet slightly and gasped “Well... since you’re crowning I suppose you’re more than ready to push” She laughed, grabbing her walkie talkie she called the assistance of two midwives to come in.

“Right Haylee, on your next contraction I need you to push as hard as you can alright?” She demanded

Tristan was lingering like a bad smell and like all bad smells, they go away. Unfortunately for him, it was to his own accord. He passed out, in the middle of the floor halfway through my first push. Bam, on the floor he went.

“If I knew that fainting was the solution to getting rid of the guy I would’ve beaten him senseless” Maria claimed holding my hand tighter.

I would’ve laughed if this process wasn’t so damn painful. Sweating was dripping from my forehead and screams were getting louder by the push.

Lloyd unlike Tristan was still conscious and had a proud look upon his face. “Come on Haylee you can do it! Almost there! You’re doing a great job, just a little more” he praised

“One last push Haylee!” Doctor Martin demanded

Pushing with all I had, small cries were heard. “Congratulations! It’s a girl!” Doctor Martin announced “We’ll get her cleaned up and weighed and we’ll bring her back to her mother” She smiled “Congratulations”

Clutching my head, Lloyd placed a kiss on my forehead “You were amazing!”

Maria was smiling from ear to ear “I’m an auntie!” she announced, jumping slightly.

I panted, still exhausted. The ten hour labour was worth it as the little pink buddle was given to me. Staring up at me was the most beautiful person I had ever seen. Her light brown hair, olive complexion and the brightest green eyes I would grow to love and adore. “She’s perfect” all three of us chorused.

I was holding my daughter in my arms for what seemed to be a minute; it wasn’t until the doctor’s came to collect her for a health check that I realised how late it had gotten.

Lloyd was soothingly stroking my hair; although it was attractively matted with sweat he didn’t say a word about it. However, the peace was disrupted when Tristan regained consciousness and stormed back inside demanding to see his child. “Where’s the baby?” he demanded, looking frantically around the room.

Gripping on to Lloyd’s arm to prevent him from knocking Tristan’s head off, I didn’t want to add to the medical bills “It’s okay” I smiled up at him. I had already gotten the message from Maria that my parents were coming to see me more than thrilled to see their grandchild, yet with Tristan still lurking I could sense the air getting tense. I just wanted my father to teach him a lesson being an ex navy seal I’m sure that could be easily done. As if he could read my mind, my 6ft 3 father came in to view. Placing, well slapping would’ve been a better verb, his hand on Tristan’s shoulder “Hey douche bag, it’s been a while” he smirked rather menacingly.

Tristan’s eyes grew wide and he quickly stepped away from said father. “How’s my baby girl doing?” He asked diverting his eyes to me “and my granddaughter?”

“Both are doing great” Lloyd smiled, still stroking my hair. “They’re perfect”

Clapping his hands together my father smiled “That’s good news, now son I see you made it through the experience too. Not scarred for life, are you?” he winked

Shaking his head in response, Tristan perked up “Son? You mean Haylee’s dating this guy?”

My dad turned his head in his direction and scoffed “He’s more of a son that you’ll ever be and why the heck are you still doing here? I don’t think anyone wants you here boy” my mother nodded her head in agreement before making her way to my bedside.

Tristan created a scoff of his own “It’s my daughter that was born today. I have the right to see her”

My father shook his head and laughed “You’re an idiot, now get out before I call security”

Begrudgingly, Tristan left the room. I knew it wasn’t the last time he’d come pestering to have things his own way, but right now I didn’t care. Unfortunately, it wasn’t long until my baby was brought back in to the room. The grandparents swept her up and adored her, although my mother gave me a quizzical look between me and Lloyd.

Kim, who constantly complained about punctuality came rushing in, teary eyed. “Oh my! I missed the birth! What kind of godmother am I?” she was on the floor, crying. But as soon as she saw the baby her waterworks stopped to be replaced with a grin. “She’s adorable!” she squealed “Let me hold her!”

Soon enough the hospital room was crowded and there was barely enough oxygen in here. Paul came with the twins who were eager to meet their unnamed cousin. Who were still demanding how babies were born, even questioning the doctors and nurses on their routine checkups. All were slightly bewildered at how to respond to the gruesome twosome.

My eyes were drooping slightly and Lloyd must’ve noticed my head fall slightly. “Tired?” he whispered, the simple nod of my head was enough for him to send everyone out. Despite being slightly shorter than my father, he was more than capable of making him and everyone else leave.

The baby was sound asleep and soon so was I. Lloyd never left my side and I even woke up to find him cradling the baby in his arms, his eyes filling with tears as she gripped on to his index finger. I pretended not to notice since, despite all of his persisting I knew he couldn’t take care of the two of us. Yet it was too darn difficult to admit, pretending not to have seen what I just had would make the situation easier for me.