Chapter Ten

Before you start, I'd like to dedicated this to SmoresLover! She's always voting and supporting my stories! Without her, my stories wouldn't have been the same!!

Thank you tons! :)

*         *      *

Recap:

       He checked for breathing, and thankfully, she still was. Since she was still breathing, he decided not to do CPR. He just held her in his arms until he heard sirens pull up outside.

      Medical people and the police rushed inside, but all James did was hold her tighter. He leaned down to her face and whispered,

        "Its all going to be okay, Yasmine."

*        *       *

         Chapter Ten:

          James kept on pacing back and forth through the dead silent hallway. There were a couple of chairs placed next to the walls for people like him--who were waiting for news-- but, James couldn't just sit and act calm about this situation.

             A little piece of him was confused and wondered what happened back at the ice-cream shop. Why she had just randomly fallen off her chair and collapsed. Why she wasn't gaining conscious.

             Intertwining his fingers together, he took a seat finally, and laid his head against his hands. He propped his elbows on his knees and tried to stay calm.

             He'd never been this worried in his life.

            Maybe one of those days where his parents were bickering endlessly, he had been worried. Back then, he was such a fool. He had actually thought that maybe his parents would sort it out. That maybe, there was hope for them being together. Being the little kid he was back then, all he could do was be caught in the middle of his parents that were arguing, and worry and hope they'd be fine.

               "Um, excuse me?" James heard someone ask. He lifted his head and came across an old man that looked like he was in his fifties. There was a white lab-coat on him, and a blue mask that was tugged under his chin. His face looked weary and tired, and even made him look older.

           "Yes?" James answered back. "Is it Yasmine? How is she?" He stood up and looked down at the doctor who was about a couple inches shorter than him.

                 "Well, its very normal for her since she's sick," the doctor answered. By the name on his tag, he was called: Dr. Friggins.

             "Normal?!" James yelled. Everyone in the hallway stared at him with curious eyes.

             "How about we go to my office?" Dr. Friggins asked, knowing it was better for everyone if they did.

             "Er, sorry. Okay, lets go."

             His office was just down the hall so it only took a matter of time. When they got there, Dr. Friggins went ahead and took his seat behind his desk, while James took the seat across from him.

            "So what do you mean its . . . normal?!" James asked, still not getting how someone collapsing is normal.

                "Well of course, due to the fact that she has brain cancer. For her to have headaches and numbness in her body is very normal. She probably couldn't take the pain and fainted. The numbness is what caused her to fall though, since she had no control over her body, what-so-ever," he explained, folding his hands on the desk.