Chapter One

Chapter One:

Beep-beep. Beep-Beep. Beep-Beep.

Yasmine woke up to the noise of her annoying alarm clock. Her eyes slowly opened, adjusting to the lighting in the room. She pressed the 'off' button on her alarm, and stayed in bed for a couple more minutes, staring at the white ceiling.

"Here goes another day!" Yasmine tried to sound enthusiastic, but she knows that's the complete opposite of what she's feeling.

It hasn't been long since she's broken up with her ex, Aaron . Shouldn't she be feeling happy? She's the one who broke up with him. No. She didn't even want to. Yasmine's father is the gang leader of the X-Killers. Yasmine hadn't even really known he had a gang, until he confronted her about it. When he did, he had told her that Aaron's uncle runs the rival gang. Yasmine didn't know why her father was telling her this. It was because her father wanted her to break up with Aaron because it was too dangerous. When she refused, her father threatened her that he'd go after Aaron. Only then did Yasmine follow his demand.

After showering, and washing up, she headed to the kitchen of her one-story house. Her mother had died because of cancer when Yasmine was an infant, so she had to do all the household chores around her house.

Yasmine got some bacon, and started frying them up on the pan. While they were sizzling, she toasted some bread, and got some eggs out. Then, she took out another pan and made sunny-side up eggs.

Her father was barely home. He was the leader of a gang, he was busy.

She sat herself down at the island in the middle of the kitchen, and started eating her breakfast. It was a peaceful day so far, until her phone started ringing.

Yasmine picked up her iPhone, and noticed it was a text from her bestfriend, Hailey.

The text said: 'Are you coming for classes today?     -Hailey.'

She quickly replied back, 'Yeah, I am. Save me a seat? :)'

A few minutes later, she got a reply. 'Alright, hurry your butt, Yaz.'

People called her 'Yaz' for short.

Yasmine soon washed the dishes, then went to her room to get dressed.

She put on some black skinny jeans, a white tank-top with a purple cardigan over it, and some pink converses. She pulled back her chocolate-colored hair into a pony tail, with her bangs on the side. Her school bag was draped over the chair next to her desk. She quickly grabbed it, and slung it over her shoulder, and headed out.

The bus stop was up ahead, around the block. While she sat there, waiting for the bus, she remembered memories of Aaron. The break-up was the hardest to remember.

* ~ *

Yasmine was sitting in her favorite cafe, waiting for Aaron. Today was the day she had to break up with Aaron, before her father took action.

"Sorry to keep you waiting!" Aaron slid into the seat across from Yasmine. "So, what's up?"

Aaron looked like he had just gotten out of bed. And he probably did, it was 9 AM in the morning. She had to do it this early because her father set the deadline date, for today, before he did anything. Yasmine had tried to do it at the latest, but today was the last day.

Aaron's short, dirty blonde hair was tousled, but he still looked amazing. His set of blue eyes still managed to captivate Yasmine's hazel ones. He was tall, and worked out. He was perfect in her eyes.

"Um," Yasmine paused, "we need to talk."

Aaron's face turned serious, but concerned. "Why? What's wrong?" He put his hands on Yasmine's, which were holding a cup of coffee.

Yasmine slowly pulled away. 'Don't make this harder than it already is,' she pleaded in her thoughts.

"Look, I'm sorry. But, I've met someone who I rather be with. We're over." She said, looking out the window. If she was going to make him stay away from her, she had to give him the cold shoulder.

"Don't lie to me, Yasmine," he said, "I know you look away when you're lying."

"Don't act like you know me, Aaron. You don't know anything!"

"Then, who have I been in love with for the past few months?!" He started raising his voice.

"Well, she's gone now! I never loved you! I was just using you, to make the guy I currently like jealous!" She yelled.

Hurt spread across his face. "W-w-what?" He stuttered.

"Face it, its over between us. I never felt anything!" Tear were warming up in her eyes. She had to go before he could see her crying. "Let's never see each other again!" She stormed off.

The tears flowed down her face, but she kept running... Its too late to turn back now.