Chapter Nine

Re-cap:

"Well, the electricity's out, and the streets are flooded. I have nowhere to go but here. Would you mind if I stayed her for the night?" Yasmine looked down in embarrassment from asking him this.

"Of course you can," Aaron said, smiling with his dimples. He started walking around lighting candles in different parts of the house.

"Thanks."

"So, I guess you'll be staying tonight," he said smirking with amusement.

*      *       *

"I guess we should get dinner started," Aaron suggested, blowing out the match that lit up the final candle, and heading into the kitchen.

"We shall," Yasmine agreed, pushing her overly-grown bangs out of her face, and locking them behind her ear.

Aaron turned around. "What shall we make for-- Yasmine!" He suddenly yelled.

Confusion swept across her face. "Yes, Aaron? Why are you yelling?"

He suddenly ran back to where Yasmine was seated and cupped her face. Moving her bangs completely away to view her forehead, he finally spoke. "You're bleeding for Pete's sake!"

"Bleeding? I don't remember--" She suddenly remembered how she had been trying to find Aaron in the dark and knocked into something sharp. "Oh yeah! I ran into something sharp earlier. No big deal," Yasmine said, waving her hands in front of her face.

"Its kind of a big deal when you're bleeding!" Aaron got up. "Stay right here," he ordered.

Yasmine swiped her index finger on her forehead and saw red moisture. 'Huh, I really am bleeding. Great job, Yasmine. Great job. Real slick,' she thought to herself.

Moments later, Aaron came back with a first aid kit, and a sharp, bloody closet hanger.

"Well, it seems you ran into my closet and somehow scraped it against this sharp hanger," he said, taking a seat and emptying out the first aid kit. "I was planning to throw it away for some time now, but I got lazy, so I just left it in my closet."

Aaron brought up his hand that held a cloth with some disinfecting chemical on it. He gently scrubbed the cut on her head.

"Oww," Yasmine winced. "It hurts. It feels like hand santizer on a papercut!"

He chuckled, but kept going. "Stop being such a baby."

"I'm not."

"Are too."

While they were arguing, Aaron had managed to disinfect the cut, and place a band-aid over it.

"There ya go," he said, patting the bandaid. "All done."

"Thanks," Yasmine replied, feeling the band-aid. "So, what's for dinner?"

"Er," Aaron scratched the back of his head, "Well, we basically have nothing since I only have instant stuff that need the microwave to be cooked. So. . . I guess we just have smores?"

"Fine with me," Yasmine told Aaron, getting off her butt and heading into the kitchen.

*       *       *

 Yasmine picked up the fork and took the marshmellow off it.

"Well, I guess using a candle to cook them won't work," she said as she popped the marshmellow in her mouth, chewing on it.

"Marshmellows are good either way," Aaron said, stuffing marshmellows in his mouth. "Well, since we're both done eating, let's get ready for bed, shall we?"