Boundries

"Clara de Martel, I know you aren't saying what I think you."

"I am."

Serefina huffed and folded her arms across her chest. Vladis touched her arm soothingly. "Do you honestly expect Vladis and I to leave with everything happening?"

"Yes, I do." Clara replied, firmly. "I will not allow my two only friends to be killed because they happened to be in wrong place at the wrong time."

"Maybe she is right, my love." Vladis agreed, he shot Clara a look. He didn't mean to agree but at the same time he knew Clara was ok with it. They both wanted to protect his wife. "We'll come back when it's all over?"

"Clara..." Serafina looked like she was about to actually cry. "If you need anything just ask, yes?"

"Yes." Clara placed her hand on her cheek, "Freya will do a boundary spell. I'll be safe. Go." She hugged her two friends and watched them disappear. They only needed to be safe.

Down below Elijah had just entered the dining room where Niklaus was pouring the contents of a blood bag into a glass where he sat. Elijah looked appalled at the sight. "Ugh. O positive. You heathen."

Klaus stared at it unsure. "New rules; no bloodshed in the house where my daughter sleeps and plays." He sniffed the glass and wrinkled his nose in disgust, then abruptly got to his feet. "Perhaps i'll go out for dinner."

"Oh, no, no, no, no." Elijah stepped closer, holding up his finger, causing Klaus to falter. "We have no way of knowing who will take Dominic's place as the Hollows right hand. There could be any number of disciples out there-"

"Yes, yes, yes, all who may have the means to kill us." Klaus interrupted, waving his brother off. "You know, if you haven't been so hasty to kill him, we'd be dealing with the devil we know."

Elijah smirked. "Spoken by the devil I know best of all." He responded as he began walking away.

"I assume you have a plan."

He paused. Not bothering to turn as he spoke, "Freya will place a barrier spell on the compound. No one gets in or out."

"Oh?" Klaus frowned and rose to his feet, "So, we are to stay here while our enemies seek to resurrect this monstrosity and let me guess," He held up a single finger of accusation towards his eldest brother, "You won't be confined here."

Now the two Originals were standing face to face. Klaus wore a not-too-happy expression while his brother simple narrowed his eyes, with pursed lips. "I have a little errand to run." He replied.

"And while you're off cavorting all over town, I'm what? Grounded?"

Elijah moved his gaze away and tilted his head thoughtfully, in a nonchalant agreement. "Essentially. But, do not worry, Clara can keep you company." Klaus wasn't amused so Elijah made another suggestion. "Why don't you take out your anger on that filthy jawbone our enemy seems so fascinated by." He turned and began walking away.

"Gladly."

⚜️

"So you get to be on the outside." Clara noted, leaning against the wall near the entrance to her home. Their home.

Elijah smirked. "You were listening." He mused, his smile faltered when he realized how close he'd stepped towards her. With a painfully awkward cough, which he tried to mask, he stepped back. "Fear not, Niklaus, Hayley, and Hope will keep you company."

"Splendid." She grumbled back.

"Clara, I urge you to make peace with Hayley."

She nodded thoughtfully then smiled, "Or, I could avoid her and hope she never brings up our little mistake."