Ellas Mistake Chapter 4

I know its felt like years but i started college and then finals and then my life its just felt like its been really busy. So sorry and here it is enjoy:)

Chapter 4

I woke up to someones whispers and it kept me from my dreamless sleep. I wanted to open my eyes to see who it was but my eyelid refused to so instead I used my hearing to relay on who was in the room.

"She is getting better the fever has gone down but she will be weak for a few day. Her hip injury doesn't look any good, it would take a few day to know-"

Was that Doc- I mean Aaron? What was he doing here? Where was I?

Sniffles "I understand Aaron you need not say anymore."

Was that Lady Madeline? What was she doing here and who were they speaking of?

I forced my eyelinds to open slowly and all I could see was blurry. I tried to focus on who was infront of me to see Aaron who was comforting Lady Madeline.

"A- Aaron. .... Lady M-Madeline?" I licked my lips feeling my throat dry.

Lady Madeline gasped and rushed to my side with tears streaking down her face. What was she doing here? Where was I?

"Wh- where am I? What happened? " I tried to sit up only to cry out in pain.

"You- you do not remember? " she looked at me confessed and then back at Aaron.

"Remember what?" I looked at both in confusion. What we're they talking about?

Aaron walked closer and stood beside Lady Madeline " Larrisa, what is that last you remember?"

"I-I- I remember walking then-" my memories started to come back to me. Tears could not stop flowing down my eyelids of my last memory of what had happened.

After what felt an eternity of crying, I looked up to just see Lady Madeline, Aaron must have left in my crying fit and I was greatful for it.

I wiped my tears away and avoid looking at Lady Madeline, I felt dirty in her presence.

"Larrisa?" Lady Madeline placed her soft hand on mine, I felt her eyes on me, but I did not have the courage to face her.

"I- " my voice was husky, "did the man-"

"No!" She stopped me before I could get further I signed in relief the breath that I had been holding. "Thanks heavens no! He did not get far enough, thankfully Trevor left after I would not stop nagging, he left to get away but when he got to town and heard your crys for help he-"

I gasped astonished "He- he rescued me?" He rescued me from being.... I shutter at what could have happened.

Lady Madeline nodded sniffing back tears and wiping her tears away with a handkerchief. "Yes, he even brought you here at the Inn and called for Aaron as soon as he could. You have had a fever for three days, we worried-"

"Three days?" I repeated in a whisper. Beth! "Oh no! Three days? What of my friend Beth? She must be worried! Does she know what has happened? Has she come to visit? Where is she? " I frowned and worried about her, three days ago I told her to meet me at the mass, did she know I was here?

"You must not worry, she has been coming every night to care for you when we all go home." She smiles and pats my hand gently reassuringly .

I nodded but one thought keep running in my thoughts I could not stop thinking of how that heartless man who had thrown me from his home not hours from then had saved me. Mayhaps he was not a savage and deep down was pure hearted as his wife.