Ellas Mistake

I gasped sitting up apruply, I looked at my surrounding to find myself in my room, I had sat on the chair I was in earlier only to have dosed of at one point.

Dear Lord, what wonton dream, how could I have dreamt of such thing me and him sharing a kiss. I fanned myself and to be in such a compromising way. ... even if it has been a dream.

I stood and stretched making my way towards the balcony to close them tightly shut and closing the blindes.

I missed Beth. .. it has been a while I haven't seen her.... I was a horrible friend.  I decided against going to her room and disturbing her, she must be tired from work all day, I did wish to disturb her nights rest .

My thought then drifted to this afternoon. What was I to do? I could not hide in the shadows and avoid that man all my life. I frowned ,but I was doing just that by leaving him and hide here. I signed in frustration and my stomach growling.

I shook my head as I undressed. It was best I skipped dinner tonight, it would be less risky running into the Duke and less risk my wonton dream coming true, but then again the Duke hated me, I was sure he would never do such a thing. But then the man in blonde hair appeared in my head, No it's best I skipped dinner. ...

--------------------------------------------

"Good morning Ella." I turned to see Madeline walking towards me.

I closed the door to my chamber and smiled at Madeline" Good morning Madeline, did you sleep well?"

"Never better, dear. I was hoping you would acompany me to do a little shopping, I dread going alone." Madeline linked her arm to mine as we decended for the stair.

"Of course Madeline. " I nodded excited to be away from this place. "Could maybe Beth come along. It has felt forever I have not seen her."

"Of course! I know Beth is very dear to you." We walked to the dinning room.

"I will go inform Beth at once. " I smiled excited about the outting as I walked towards the kitchen to see if Beth was there, but amongst everyone there she was no where to be found in the crowed of the busy maids as they rushed to get to their duties.

I walked towards the room we had shared when we arrived but her room was to found empty.

I frowned and left outside to the garden to see perhaps they assigned her to pick vegetables but to see no one in sight.

Where can she be? Perhaps she was looking for me as well m-

"Hello ther' luv."

I froze, the hairs on my back standing in attention but not in a good way, I slowly turned to see the blonde man grinning down at me.

"What's wrong luv?  Scare' of mi? But I wouldn't hurt ye lovie, ye need no' fear." But that look in his eyes said otherwise. I did not believe him, could not, not after he had almost killed me.

The man took a step to me and I feared what he could do I stumbled away from him.

It was like him all over again.

"Larissa?!"

The man stopped his advance and looked past me to see Beth heading our way.

He stood before me leaning toward me leaving little to no space for me to breath "Till next time lovie."

I jerked away and nearly ran to Beth. Once reaching her I looked back to see that man who had scared me. ... he reminded me of him. ... men were all the same, they cared not for love just power, money, and a wife for there needs....