Ellas Mistake Chapter 2

enjoying this story as much as I enjoy writing it!

The Cambridge Estate ------>

Ellas Mistake

Chapter 2

New beginnings

I am finally free and away from my monsters, putting 313 miles between me and my worst nightmares. Finally I have gotten away from him, but knowing Anthony I know he will not stand by until he found me.

But if I know anything about him in these last 6 months I was with him, I know he is persistent and will not rest until he finds me and take me back by force, and that was something I would not allow to happen.

Not when I was now free and away from him.

The closer we got Cambridge I could not risk someone recognizing me and telling Anthony where I was so I decided to dye my long blonde hair to a fire red, just in case someone I know would recognized by anyone or worst by him. Betty did fuss about me changing my hair color but had to convince her it was necessary.

I was positive no one would recognize me in Bettys cloth or from my new hair color, unfortunately I could do nothing about my grey blue eyes and it was a dead give away. But I knew that I would not be recognized, since I would be working as a maid, I was far away from anyone I knew and I could only hope and pray it would stay that way.

-----------------------------------------------------

It was midday when we finally arrived to the Cambridge estate and it was breath taking. Compared to Anthony's estate this was a castle, it was a bit bigger then my fathers estate and my father is the Duke of Hartlepool. It showed a glimps of its beautiful gardens and two big looking fountains on either side of the rode and surrounded by millions of tree surrounding the estate. After paying the kind old man that gave us a lift here from the small little town not far from here by carriage, we walked up to the front. Bettys cousin had informed the Housekeeper of our arrival any day soon.

A man that looked about the age of his late 50s answered the door, he was dressed in his butler uniform, his hair the color of black and gray and despite his age he stood straight and offered a warm smile. "May I help ye young ladies?"

"Yes, we 're here to see Mrs. Jones?"

"Ah, ye must be the new staff!" he opened the door wider and ushered us inside and just like outside everything inside was as beautiful as the outside. "I will be back with mi wife in a minute."

I could not help but look around as we waited in the hall, it was beautiful, the furniture was a the color of white and gold as were the matching pillows, the drapes matching the furniture, the rug of different beautiful patterns and swirls in white, gold, and moron. There were no flowers and the drapes were mostly closed letting little light of the afternoon sun to come in to light up the room.

It was dark here but the candle lights help to light the hall. A few maids here and there carrying on with there business and a few other whispering amongst themselves and stealing a few glances when they thought they were being discreet.

Mister Jones appears from where he had left not so long ago with a short round sweet looking woman that seemed about the age of her late 40s, her hair in a bun and like her husband hair the color of black and gray and in her Housekeeper uniform and just like Mister Jones she smiled warmly at both of us.

"Tis about time ye both arrived I was bein' to worry thinking ye both wouldn't show up. But tis nothin' that matters now, ye are both now here." she said with a smile as she looks between me and Betty who can't help but return her warm motherly smile. "Now mi name is Gretel and I'm the Housekeeper of this house hold, and as ye meet mi husband Jeremy."