1. I Really Hate Parties

I close my eyes and pretend that I could just teleport somewhere else. I don't want to be here right now. I don't want to be anywhere right now. But if I had to choose it would be alone in my room far away from the hormonal drinking teenagers.

"You look dead," I open my eyes and see a boy I've never met before. He hasn't been drinking. He's got good posture and he's actually looking me in the eyes instead of at my breasts.

"I would literally rather be anywhere else right now," I reply.

"I take it you don't like hormonal teenagers and the smell of alcohol on a Saturday night," he says flirtatiously. I'm usually not one for flirting but I decide to give it a go. I've got nothing better to do.

"My favorite part is most certainly watching the sorry suckers spill their guts out," I reply with a smirk taking a sip of my water.

"You know I think I might like you," he says with a smile.

"You don't even know me," I say smiling back.

"I think I have an idea," he replies leaning back on the wall.

"So you have a thing for emo girls who sit in the backs of parties judging everyone," I clarify.

"Exactly," he says smiling. I take just a moment to observe him. He doesn't look like the preppy type. He's got shiny blue eyes, blonde hair, and a sick leather jacket. But even so, it makes me curious as to why he'd be at a place like this.

"So tell me what somebody like you is doing here," I ask.

"My best friend is one of the drunk hormonal teenagers," he replies. "By the way my name is Jake," he says.

"Looks like we have something in common," I remark and he grins widely.

"What a coincidence to meet somebody with the same name," he says laughing. I smile a little.

"The name is Ashlynn," I clarify. My best friend comes up to us a moment later with some guy grinning like an idiot.

"Come play truth or dare," she says. "Bring your friend with you," she says nodding towards Jake.

"You know I hate those games," I say with a pleading look. But drunk Jenny is way too persistent.

"Please," she begs. "If you go I swear to let you listen to all the My Chemical Romance music you want on our road trips," she pleads. I sigh and put my blond hair in a ponytail. I let some of my pink highlights fall out before agreeing.

"Want to come and experience some classic human torture methods," I ask Jake. He gives me an enthusiastic thumbs up and we walk to the main living area of the house. Jake and I take our places on the couch next to some couple practically eating each other's faces off. Jen stumbles in and stands on the coffee table.

"Let's play truth or dare," she screams. A few people leave the room and some others join the group to play. "We all know the basics of Truth or Dare but the twist is with every challenge you refuse you must take a shot," Jen explains and the game begins.

We go through quite a few people before it gets to me. It's pretty much your average game of Truth Or Dare. The dares were really simple. Things like testing how many marshmallows fit in your mouth or lick the floor. The only person who didn't do their dare was the kid who was dared to send a picture of him drinking to his mom. Which I can't blame the guy I wouldn't either if I was in his shoes. The truths were the same way. All things having to do with crushes or boyfriends and girlfriends. All the girls admitted nervously but the guys would usually smirk and hoot at each other's answers. But when my time comes I find that it's some random girl that I have never met who gets to determine my fate. Her name is Hannah and she used to go to my school. That's about all I know.