What Is Love?

Not only Selene looked surprised when she heard the word 'help' come out of Daemon's mouth. Geraldine looked equally surprised, but she held a certain level of worry in her look too. Geraldine knew very well that Daemon was a strong man, maybe he wanted to be too strong at times that he pushed away what he truly felt so he appeared worry less and unbreakable.

"What is it dear? Did something happen?" Daemon looked down but shook his head. This was the first time Selene had seen him look so shy and flustered.
"I need you to explain something to me..." He paused and looked at Geraldine then at Selene.
"What does it mean to be in love?" To Selene he legitimately looked like a grown man child. He asked it so innocently you'd never know he kills people on the daily.

Geraldine shared a look with Selene and turned to Daemon.
"Well, I learnt what love is with my late husband. At first it started with a heart-fluttering feeling I got every time I spent time with him, I liked our conversations, every moment spent with him felt like it lasted only seconds, time flied by when I was with him, I loved the way he spoke, he thought, the way he appreciated me and everyone around him, the passion he put into things he loved, the way he laughed, he smiled and just his mere presence brought me happiness. So Daemon, do you feel like your heart will burst when you see the person and do you like the way they act and think? And do you feel a connection to that person?" Daemon was left with millions of questions running around his head. He did feel somewhat like that but not fully. So maybe he just liked her? Or was he falling in love with her? But he couldn't be, he knew her too little time to fall for her. But then again love doesn't see time nor space. If you feel like you love someone it doesn't matter if you know them hours, days or years.
"I still don't know if I can call it love. But, thank you for explaining."
"Who's the lucky one?" Geraldine nudged his arm playfully.
"Just...a girl." He couldn't say it when she's right next to him.
"Okay. Keep it a secret. But tell me this...Do I know her?"
"...yes." Geraldine asked the right question because other than Selene she didn't know any other girls. Yes, she was acquainted with some random girls from around town but Daemon knew none of them. So, Geraldine now knew who held his heart. She knew he felt confused because he's never experienced a feeling like this, so Geraldine would try her best to help him clear out his doubts.