03

after getting situated, seungmin sighs. he plops onto his bed and lets out a groan. unpacking in his opinion wasn't fun at all, his roommate on the other hand went to go get iced coffee for them. which was sweet, he was making a great impression for the first day.

but he wondered about felix a lot, would he be okay? no, he shouldn't be worrying about that.

would his roommate be okay?

god, the fortnite dances to the overplayed vines. how he'd use vine references in his essays and talk in 'twitter language'. he prayed for that upperclassman, felix was a fun kid but he'd get out of control sometimes.

resting, he looks around the dorm. it isn't much but it somewhat was still cool. it was one huge room for both beds then a small bathroom. they didn't have a kitchen or any of that due to there being a cafeteria. but hyunjin was offering to buy a fridge and microwave so they can have their own food themselves.

he wasn't ecstatic about living in a dorm, he just felt tense. what if hyunjin was only nice on the first day and reveals his true self the next?what if hyunjin secretly hates him? there were so many possibilities tho where seungmin was overwhelmed.

slapping his forehead, he hears the door open. making eye contact with hyunjin, he gives the boy a light smile. "hey, thanks for getting us coffee. I appreciate it."

hyunjin smiles back, "no worries! I needed it myself honestly and you looked drained as well. you done unpacking?"

seungmin nods, "yep, it didn't take long. just a lot of clothes a couple pairs of shoes. but I just hate refolding and sorting."

hyunjin then gives seungmin his coffee and a straw. "understandable. but I know you're in the same grade as me and I never see you around. I guess now I kinda just acknowledged that our school is huge."

"same." seungmin pokes the straw into his drink and takes a sip. "I knew I was gonna get paired with someone I was unfamiliar with. I was actually afraid of being paired with an upperclassman since it was possible."

"I heard. my one senior friend got paired with a freshman. In my opinion, it's such a bad idea."

"why?" seungmin then questions.

"well, once they both get attached to each and create this bond. once he graduates the boy will be all alone and will have to receive a new roommate. or live alone for the next year."

seungmin's mouth turns into an 'o' shape, nodding slightly he bites on his straw. "yeah..that must suck."

"but hey! at least we're in the same grade. so we're not leaving each other anytime soon."

"my friend got paired with a junior. but he's excited about it and I'm kinda wondering how his roommate is doing."

"why his roommate and not your friend?"

seungmin sighs, "you know the boy who came with me to drop off my stuff. he's so..weird! god I can't even explain it with words, he needs major time off the internet. literally he should read some books."

"is he that bad?"

"he will sing like the walmart yodeling kid. if I say anything about pepe the frog meme thingy he will actually disown me. once I wanted some guacamole and he said, 'why not some fre sh a vaca do!'

"was he dropped on his head when he was a baby?"

"I bet. or he was just a meme god from the start of his life."

"he seems like a interesting guy though. it just depends on how his roommate takes in in. my first impression on you was pretty good. you weren't disrespectful, loud or too quiet. I like that."

seungmin can't help but smile, he replies with a small "thanks." sighing, he puts his coffee down and sits up. "so, the only thing I know about you is your name and maybe your age. so should we get to know each other?"

"fine by me." hyunjin then says, "anything in particular you wanna know?"

seungmin shrugs, "just anything interesting about yourself."

"well..I'm a dancer. I have a pet dog and her name is kkami, she's such a cutie you should definitely meet her. I have a beauty mark under one of my eyes, hm..oh I tend to focus on school work a lot but I'm very outgoing. and..I like to take care of my health first." hyunjin explains, "now what about you?"

"oh wow, okay i guess I better step up my game. I'm in choir, I don't have any pets but I'd really love a dog. one of my features is my chubby left cheek and I also focus on school a lot, in fact I'm a straight A student."

hyunjin's eyes widen, "wow, impressive. since you're in choir you should sing for me while I dance."

seungmin lets out a snort, "no way mr. hwang, in your dreams."

"awe come on!! I bet you're really good."

seungmin smiles shyly, his cheeks flush while he scratches his neck awkwardly. "maybe another time, I promise one day I'll sing for you."

hyunjin then walks over to seungmin. standing in front of him he sticks out his pinky. "promise?"

seungmin looks at his pinky, tilting his head up to lock eyes with hyunjin. this is so childish. but, he sighs and gives him a smile "I promise." as then then lock pinkies.