New Me

We walked up to Ariel and Annie.

"Hi!" I gave Ariel a big hug. Even though I did not know her, I could tell me and her would be close. Her bright red hair Glowed in the sun light.

"Hi." Ariel managed to say through her teeth I was hugging her I was surprised she was still breathing.

"Liz, I think your going to choke her." Luke chuckled, I playfully hit him on his chest. "Are her papers all ready?" Luke turned to Annie.

"Just about I will mail them to you." She smiled but there was something about her, she was not acting all happy snappy. I brushed it off and helped Ariel to the car with all her bags. As we walked to the car she looked at me and said "Thank you so much for adopting me you have no clue how much this means to me." We put her bags in the trunk and I turned to her to give her a big hug.

We sat in the car waiting for Luke, He had gone inside with Annie to give her a mailing address. We could not have used the address we have now encase they tracked us down, then it would leave them to a semi dead end. When he came out he was grinning ear to ear and so was Annie. Now there was here happy snappy self. Luke got in the car, started the car, and drove off.

"So I'm Luke and this is Lizzy." He said it with a smile on his face. He was truly happy, something I had not seen from him.

"do you want me to call you mom and dad or Luke and Lizzy?" I looked at Luke not knowing how to answer the question. We had to tell her she would not even be living with us, and that she would be living with someone she could call mom and dad. We also had to tell her why we were doing all of this.

"Umm, you can call us Luke and Liz." I looked at Luke not knowing how he would take what I was going to say next.

"So Ariel wanna go shopping?" I turned back as much as I could in the car to face her. Ariel's Face Lit up even more than it already was. She started to do a little squeal. Luke shot me a did-you-really-just-do-that look. I giggled and said "On the way home stop at the mall." Luke sighed and did as I asked.

When we arrived at the mall Ariel rushed out of the car and ran towards the doors. She was so excited. We we walked in and she rushed over from rack to rack, o-ing and ah-ing at all the clothes. I giggled "Have you never been to a mall before?" She looked at me.

"No, I have never been. and now I know how wonderful it is!" She had the biggest smile ever on her face, and I loved it, just seeing her made me forget about all of the bad things that have been happening to me. "Go ahead and pick out anything you want! And when you want to go to a new store just tell us." She wondered off in the land of clothes and me and Luke turned at each other almost in sink.

"Why did you do that?"

"Do what?" I asked with a huge smile on my face.

"You know what you did! Do you know how much money that is going to cost?" He was really taken by surprise with what I did.

"Yes, I do! And with me buying something too it might just be even more!" I giggled and went to go find Ariel, when I looked behind me Luke was trudging along.

"I like this one!" I pulled out a mini dress with floral design on it, Ariel smiled and shook her head yes. She had already had Lukes arms full of clothes. We went to go see her try on the suff to see if it all looked okay.

As I watched her walk out with clothes, I noticed she really was like my sister. We liked a similar clothing style, We had similar physical features. She even acted like I did when I was her age. Even though she was only a year younger than me she still seemed like a kid.