Proof of My Existence

We all just stood there in disbelieve of what had just happened. Me not fully understanding what was going to happen and Luke and Nikki not knowing what to do. I did not mind the silence, after all my brain could use a bit of quiet. But in the moment I thought of something really good.

"Well, maybe we don't have to move."

"Of course we do! They found her blood line." Luke seemed intrigued with what I had just said.

"Right, but Nikki said they only found my blood line, and from what I can tell they still have to find where I used to live and then find where I live now."

"I'm not sure I follow." Wow the first time I have blown Lukes mind.

"No, I think she right! They do still have to find where her family is, and I bet if we go back and try to explain to her family what is going on they can pretend like she was never born." For once I actually Agreed with Nikki.

"I actually agree with Nikki," Luke gave me a puzzled and surprised look but I still continued. "The only problem with that is if these whatever have found my blood line they will probably go and look for birth certificates. So we would some how have to find out how to delete mine, but you would need to get in to federal stuff, and I don't know how to do that."

"I have connections." Nikki Raised one eyebrow, and gave a sly smile.

"Okay, you guys are on to something."

Over the next few hours we formulated a plan. Nikki would travel to the hospital I was born at and erase any proof of my Existence, while me an Luke told my mother and father every thing we could. Then I thought of something verry important.

"I am an only child, it won't be that easy for my parents to just forget me."

"Good point Liz. Well I'm sure we have a few weeks untill they even start to come close to your family, so why don't we go adopt a kid..." Nikki and I stood there and stared at Luke in awe at such a ridiculous idea.

"I don't think bringing a innocent kid into this is the best thing to do." I was shocked at what he had just said

"Ya, I actually agree with Lizzy."

"Well, I mean for your mom and dad." He gave us a I-did-not-mean-it-that- way look.

"It might just work" I looked at Nikki and she nodded in agreement.

"Okay, we will leave after breakfast." 

That night I got little to no sleep. I was worried that if whoever- or whatever found me I might get killed. Then I got to thinking what if they found out I was born and I was a... what ever you call it, then what would happen to my family or the little child "they" adopt. I some how put my self at ease and went to sleep.

After breakfast Nikki went to St. Francis Memorial Hospital, and Luke and I went to Thornton Orphanage to pick out the child who looked the most like my parents, just as we planned.

I got thinking about what had happened out on the balcony and started to wonder what would have happened if Nikki had not interrupted us. Would we have kissed or would have Luke put it to a stop? 

"So... what happened last night?"

"Well, Nikki came in telling us your blood line had beed discovered, we made a plan, and here we are now following the plan." He looked at me and smiled fully knowing what I had really meant.

"I think you know what I mean."

"Okay we had a bit of a moment, but its not what it seems. You were worried and scared and I was the one there for you, thats all. We just got caught up in the moment." Luke just kept looking forward. I assume avoiding the look on my face. The situation is and was quite awkward. But I don't think that was not a 'shoulder to lean on' moment. You know what... I guess it was.