The picture she took [10]

"I'm really dying to know" Brayden was pacing around the chair I've been tied to with his arms crossed for an HOUR already. He was making me go crazy. "Why the hell have you been taking pictures of us all day long and even followed us here?" He stopped in front of me and leaned in, his blue eyes piercing mine, daring me to lie to him. "Who sent you?"

"I... um...no one sent me!" I stuttered nervously. Never was much of a liar. I winced when his hands slammed themselves on the armrests of the chair I've been tied to, his cold blue eyes scrutinizing down on me. In the midst of trying not to tremble from fear in front of him and trying to find a way out of the mess, I started comparing Brayden’s eyes to Skylar’s. While their eyes were blue, Brayden’s seemed a lot colder and meaner while Skylar’s seemed like a safety wall for all those emotions he doesn’t want spilling out. Unlike Brayden though who seemed like he was void of any emotions whatsoever, she was sure Skylar actually had themin the first place so he would be able to show them sometime.

“I ask again! Why did you follow us?!” Brayden started to get even more annoyed than before. I for one didn’t really want to even open my mouth to speak because: A) I couldn’t tell him who sent me cause Skylar would kill me, B) I wasn’t really sure I wanted to answer him cause this bastard put Skylar in the hospital and not that I care about Skylar, I’m just sayin’ and C) If I chose to lie to him which was the most plausible solution, he would see right through my lies and things might get worse. So in any case I was doomed. What’s a girl to do in such a...awkward predicament? Choose neither and go with option D) which would be telling him half of the truth with a tinge of lie enough to not make it obvious.

“Well, as you can see I’m a very passionate photographer and um…I was doing this project of taking pictures of people who are somewhat unsuspecting and well I thought that you were quite handsome so I decided to take pictures of you but you kept moving around and I couldn’t get a good picture so you see I had to follow you here and well you know the rest.” I blabbed on in one breath. Brayden looked at me with one of his defined eyebrows pompously raised upwards. 

“Are you done?”

I opened my mouth like a fish out of water, thinking if I had anything more to say and closed it when I realized I had nothing.

“I’m done.” I smiled cheekily and looked at him hopefully. In my mind that story sounded bad and the lie was almost see-through. Only god knows how much I prayed in those couple of seconds that he would buy the lie and hopefully won’t kill me. Trying to break the tension as Brayden scrutinized down on me and deliberated my sentence, I turned towards the guy who looked awfully familiar.

“Hey don’t I know you from somewhere?” The guy only looked at me dumbfounded as he raised his eyebrows in the same fashion as Brayden. I don’t even want to know what went on in his head. He must have thought I was crazy.

“Yeah, probably from your previous stake-outs! I bet you were camping outside our house, trying to catch a glimpse of this hotness.” The other guy who was standing to the familiar blonde, pointed at his body and smirked.

“No, but I’ve watched you sleep.” I joked and laughed along with the brown haired guy. I guess I’m a freak since I could find the strength in me to crack jokes at a time like that with people who probably wanted to kill me. Way to go Carly!

“I’m good looking even when I sleep, aren’t I?” He joked back and laughed, while Brayden and the familiar blonde stared at us like we were a bunch of crazy people. And we probably were cause it wasn’t neither the time or the place to be cracking jokes.

“Aiden, would you shut the hell up and stop socializing with this freaking psychopath?” Brayden said and glared at the brown haired boy whose name I learned was Aiden. The latter flipped him off with a flick of his hand and turned towards me. ‘Yes, yes…that’s right, lighten up the mood and let me go. Way to go Aiden!’ I chanted in my mind.