The picture she took (4)

I ran for my dear life as couldn’t believe what I saw; Skylar and Andrew were threatening a guy, holding a gun to his head. A freaking gun! That metal, shiny weapon that can make a Swiss cheese out of somebody with an ease. Yep, that kind of gun. And the guy was beaten up, badly. I’m talking about bruises and blood all over his face and clothes. At the mere thought of it my body shivered violently and my heart constricted painfully. Fear had engulfed my body, pumping adrenaline through my veins that made me run even faster. I didn’t even know where I was running and I had absolutely no idea where I was.

I remember at one point Andrew and Skylar were yelling at me but after sometime they just stopped. I wondered if they were still behind me. I looked over my shoulder and I didn’t see anyone behind me. Relief washed over me as I slowed my pace until I was walking. With another look behind me, I would have smiled when I saw that there was no one behind me, if I didn’t practically fear for my life. But things didn’t end there, because I bumped into somebody and not just somebody, it was Andrew. I slowly looked up and was met with his light blue eyes. My heart started beating faster as the fear froze the blood in my veins. Scared as I was I did the first thing that came to me instinctively, I ran. Well, more like I tried to run and failed cause Andrew had my upper arms in a firm grip. So when running away didn’t work, pleading and begging just might.

“Please, Andrew let me go.” I hoped to god that it would work cause if that jerk Skylar came…I’d be a goner for sure. Apparently he was as crazy as I thought. “Please let me go.” I tried one more time, giving him the best puppy face I could muster in that predicament.

“Sorry Carly but I can’t.” The thing that shocked me the most was that it actually was sincere and I caught a glimpse of sympathy in his eyes. “You-” He began saying something but someone interrupted him and as soon as I heard the voice, I shivered.

“So it’s Carly huh? Pretty name.” He proceeded to come closer until he came face to face with me and grabbed my wrists. “Listen now, Princess you have to shut your pretty little mouth and forget about what you saw, alright?” He looked straight into my eyes, daring me to refuse. And I was about to refuse, when he noticed my hesitation and his grip tightened. Thank you for the bruises in the morning! ”Well then, you wouldn’t mind me killing you here so you can shut your mouth forever!”

My eyes widened and I nodded frantically. “Alright, alright I’ll keep my mouth shut. I swear.” I looked up at him with pleading eyes hoping that it would somehow work on him. Instead it seemed to work on Andrew.

“Come on Dude, let her go. She won’t tell anyone.”

“Are you fucking serious?” Skylar deadpanned. “What makes you think that she’ll keep her mouth closed as soon as we let her go? Of course she’ll say she won’t rat on us when the first thing on her mind is telling the police.” The he turned towards me and glared. “Sorry princess but you’re coming with us.” If only I could make him let go of me and then try to run away. But as hard as I tried, his grip only tightened. Stupid, ugly shoe wearing jerk that’s making me go with him. Stupid, Stupid, Stupid.

He started pulling me towards a car that was parked near the curb where we were standing. Andrew was walking behind us with his hands in his pockets. As Skylar dragged me by my hand, I tried slipping away from his grip but just as before, he responded by tightening his grip. So I went to plan b; begging. Now don’t get me wrong, I don’t beg people but this was…an emergency so to speak.

“Come on, please let me go. I promise I won’t tell anyone about what I saw. Your secret is safe with me.” Yeah sure, safe long enough for me to get to the police and get both of their sexy asses in jail.

 “Ain’t happening princess.” Skylar said shortly and pulled me into the car. “Andrew drive” He practically commanded Andrew and slipped in the backseat with me. I scooted away from him and rubbed my aching wrist. It struck me as odd that Skylar was just bossing Andrew around and he didn’t even complain. Why? It seemed as though Skylar was above Andrew who seemed like he was second in command. ‘What if they are a part of the mob?’ And I almost gasped as I thought that and quickly shifted my gaze to Skylar. Upon noticing my distressed look, he turned to look at me fully and smirked.

 “What’s wrong princess? Doing some math in your head?” And I responded to that with a death glare which amused him furthermore.

 “You do know I have a name?” I snapped and turned my head to the other side stubbornly. I could practically feel him smirk and it made me want to punch it off of his face. But the fear in my bones together with the more rational side of my brain prevented me from doing so. I was sometimes impulsive but above all I was smart and strategic and punching him would get me no where, at least not at the moment.

 “But princess seems much more fitting.” I fought the urge to turn around and slap him. Have you ever had the ‘privilege’ to sit next a guy who you know only two days and loathe him that much that you’re willing to spend a few years in jail for a second degree murder? Yeah, it ain’t pretty. I turned around for a last glare, pushed my glasses up my nose (which I found in my camera bag, yeah weird I know) and turned to stare through the window, shutting my mouth for the remainder of the ride.

 After 10 more minutes of driving, we pulled up at the driveway in front of a big house. Not huge but not small either; a fairly large house with stone walls, curved iron railings on the balconies and a nicely landscaped yard. While I was busy with gaping at the house, Skylar and Andrew had already exited the car and were waiting for me outside of it. Snapping out, I opened the door and joined them outside.

 “Come on, let’s go inside.” Skylar said and went towards the house with Andrew at tail. Yes, this was the chance I had been waiting for. I glanced inside the car, desperately hoping that Andrew had forgotten the keys in the ignition but luck wasn’t on mine side. ‘Never mind’ I thought ‘I’ll just go with plan B’ And without so much as sparing them a glance I ran for my life for the second time that day.

 “Shit. Carly get back here!” I heard Andrew yell after me, but I didn’t plan on stopping anytime soon. The adrenaline was at its highest fueling my body to go even faster than before. And for a short second I actually thought that I was going to make it but I guess I really was a klutz seeing as I lost my footing and fell on the grass.

As I tried to get up, a cold pair of hands wrapped around my ankle and pulled me down again. I looked up and was met with Skylar’s angered blue eyes. I would be damned if I didn’t fight back, so I kicked away his hands from my ankle and kicked him in the shin. By the time I got to my knees Andrew came over with two more guys and at that moment I knew I had no chance. But I continued to fight anyway.

I stood up and started running again but at this point I was beyond tired and couldn’t hold on for much longer. Without much effort Andrew and the other two guys caught up with me and prevented me from going much further. My hands were in the strong grips of the two boys while Andrew was fishing for something in his pocket. I continued wriggling, holding onto the smallest bit of hope I had left which diminished completely when Skylar took a pair of handcuffs from Andrew hands and walked towards me.

Upon seeing the murderous look in his ice blue eyes, the same he had while threatening that boy at school, I shivered from fear and my whole body tensed. It was as though I was frozen in place and couldn’t move a single muscle.

As he approached me I could see a vicious snarl on his face and I could hear the deep guttural growls his throat was emitting. That, made me want to cower into a corner and cry my eyeballs out. Yes, that’s how scary he looked. He grabbed my hands and put the handcuffs on them. A little bit too tight, thank you Skylar for another set of bruises in the morning. Jerk!

 He leaned closer to my ear and made my body grow tense and rigid. His hot breath was tickling my ear, sending shivers down my spine. “That was your last stunt for today” He hissed in my ear and before I even got the chance to blink, I was out cold.

 *~*~*~*~*~*~

Well that was chapter 4. Please, please, please Vote, comment, tweet, like and above else enjoy. People I really need your feedback… :/