Chapter 3 - "Evil Grins & Hidden Secrets"

After being at the studio for more than enough hours, I decided I should get back home. While walking out to my car, I pulled out my phone and looked at the time. 10:14. I had been there for almost six hours! "Wow.." I sighed under my breath. I got in my car and headed home to have my 'movie night' with the boys. I didn't really know what to think of this. For some reason I felt nervous, but I couldn't figure out why. They're just normal teenagers with a lot of money. Now that I think about it.. they're kind of like me.

I pulled into the driveway, and got out of the car. Making my way to the front door, I was about to turn the handle when the door flew open. "HEY!" Louis yelled. "Hey!" I laughed, still surprised at the door flying open. "Oh I'm sorry, did I scare you?" I put my hand on my chest trying to catch my breath. "A little." I giggled. Louis moved out of the way so I could come in. Taking off my shoes, I put them by the door and made my way to the living room.

"Hey guys!" I said as I walked in sitting on the chair. The boys were all spread out on the couch. Louis had his leg over Harry, Liam had his hand on Niall's knee, and Zayn had his arm around Liam. "Hey Meg!" Harry said, grabbing the remote and turning off the TV. "We still doing our movie night?" Niall asked. "Yeah let me just change. I'll be right back. Look over there and pick out a movie." I said pointing to the shelf across the room. They made their way over as I went upstairs to change.

I quickly changed out of my dance clothes, into a pair of black shorts and a hot pink v-neck t-shirt. I then walked down the hall to the bathroom, and looked at myself in the mirror. 'I really needed a shower' I thought to myself. Deciding I would take one later, I just threw my hair up in a bun, and went back downstairs.

"Find a movie?" I asked walking into the room. "Yup!" Liam said holding up the movie. It was a scary movie that my dad probably bought a while back, I've never seen it though. I grabbed the movie from him and put it in the DVD player, then walked around the room closing all the curtains and turning off the lights. When I was done, the room was pitch black until the movie came on filling the room with light. The boys were on the couch and they motioned for me to come over. "I won't fit, I'll just sit on the chair." I said. "Yeah you will, come on." Niall said gesturing me to come. I gave him an unsure look and made my way over to him. I squeezed in between him and Liam. "See." He said. I turned my head to look at him and he winked at me. I looked away quickly so he wouldn't see me blush, even though it was dark.

----

The credits faded onto the screen and I just sat there not moving. That movie was defiantly the scariest movie I've ever seen. I usually never get scared, but this time, not only was I scared, but I was terrified. Zayn grabbed the remote from the table and turned the TV off, the room was then flooded with darkness. I grabbed on to Niall's arm next to me for reinsurance that someone else was with me, and I could hear him laugh lightly. A few seconds of darkness later, and the room was filled with light again. I removed my hand and crossed my arms as I sat there. "Scared?" Niall whispered in my ear. "What? Scared? No." I scoffed. He started to laugh and I turned, and glared at him.

"Well.." Liam started. "What shall we do now?" He asked looking around at all of us. "TRUTH OR DARE!" Louis and Harry yelled in unison. They looked at each other and exchanged high fives and did some kind of hand shake. "What do you say?" Liam asked looking at me. "Sounds fun! But hold on, I'm gonna get a drink." He nodded and I got up and started to make my way to the kitchen.

I walked slowly, looking around me, still scared from the movie. I reached the entrance of the kitchen, and quickly searched the wall with my hand for the light switch. I flipped it on and stood in the door way looking around, as if something was in there. Assuring myself it was clear, I walked to the cabinet, pulled out a cup, and set in on the counter. Opening the fridge, I pulled out some juice and went back over to the counter and poured it into the cup. I set the carton of juice down and picked up my cup taking a sip of my drink. The cold liquid filling my mouth then making its way down my throat. I turned back around to put the juice back. "BOO!" Niall jumped right in front of me. I jumped and let out a small scream. Realizing it was Niall, I hit him on the arm then put my hand on my chest, trying to catch my breath, and steady my heartbeat. Niall began to burst out in laughter and I gave him a look. "Sure you aren't scared?" He asked still laughing. "Shut up." I said, putting the juice back in the fridge. We both made our way back out into the living room.

"You okay?" Harry asked looking worried. I opened my mouth, about to reply, when I was interrupted by Niall. "She's fine, she just got scared." He said looking at me and giving me a wink. A glared at him and sat down on the floor in a circle with the rest of the boys.

"Okay, who's first?" I asked. "I'll go first." Louis replied. "Okay..Hm..Harry! Truth or dare?" He asked while giving Harry an evil grin and rubbing his hands together. "Uhh.. Truth." Louis thought for a second then asked "Is it true.. that you love me?" I smiled trying not to laugh. "Uh.. Yes." He said. Then they did a thing where they pretended to 'make out'. Everyone burst out laughing.

"Okay Harry, your turn." Zayn said. Thinking for a while, Harry chose Niall. "Truth or dare?" "Truth." Niall replied almost instantly. Harry got an evil grin, then looked at me, then back at Niall. I gave Harry a confused look.

"Is it true you think Megan's hot?" I could feel my face heat up and I knew I had to be bright red. I looked away, then looked to the ground. I could feel everyone's eyes on me and Niall. Honestly, I didn't want to know the answer to this question. Yeah I think he's cute, but I don't want him to think I like him. And I don't want him to like me. I have really bad trust issues, and relationships don't work well for me. I sat there, looking at the ground, waiting for his answer.

"Um..Yeah I guess." He said yes. I suddenly had this guilty feeling. I brushed it off and decided to act like it was nothing. After all, I can't make him think I like him. "I knew it!" Harry said to himself, pleased that he got Niall to admit it. After clearing his throat, Niall started to speak. "Liam. Truth or Dare." "Truth."

----

The game when on for a while until it was back to Harry. "Megan. Truth or Dare?" I had kind of stopped paying attention to the game since no one was choosing me. So when he said my name I perked up. "Well, since none of you have had the guts to do it yet.. Dare." Harry looked at me surprised. "Wow! Okay, Um.." It took him a while to come up with something for me to do. "Dance for us! You're a dancer right?"

Oh god.. Out of all the things he could have said he wants me to dance? I know I'm a dancer and everything, but I don't like performing alone. I dance with groups. Not solo. "Yeah I am.. But I'm not dancing. Choose something else." I demanded. "But it's a dare. You have to do it. You dance in front of an audience all the time don't you?" He questioned. "Yeah but with a group. Not by myself. Choose something else pleeeaaseee?" I begged. "Fine." He sighed, thinking again.

An evil smile started to slowly form on his face and I began to regret not following through with the first dare. "I dare you to do 7 minutes in heaven with Niall. And you HAVE to do this dare." I just sat there having a stare down with Harry for what felt like forever. Then deciding there was no way out, I gave in. "Fine." I said, getting up and grabbing Niall's arm, dragging him down the hall into the storage closet. When we got in, I switched the light on. The closet wasn't very big so we were standing pretty close. We stood there for about a minute not saying anything, before the silence was interrupted.

"ARE YOU GUYS KISSING YET?" Louis yelled through the door. I rolled my eyes. "I'm sorry.." Niall said looking up at me and running a hand threw his hair. "For what?" I asked finally meeting his eyes. "Them." He replied pointing to the door. We both laughed quietly. "3 MINUTES!" Louis yelled. "Hey listen.." I said bringing my gaze to the floor. "I'm sorry but.. I can't um.. I can't kiss you." I bit my lip and looked up at him. "Yeah I um.. I understand." He gave me a small smile but I could tell it was fake. "I mean it's not that I don't want too.. I just..I um.." "It's okay. Really." He interrupted. I nodded faking a smile. I really wanted to let him know about my trust issues, but no matter how hard I tried, the words just wouldn't come out.