Comming up with Story names

I got a request for this so here we go.

Awe story names, where would we be with out you? If Harry potter was called "the kid whose parents died because of an evil wizard and went to wizard school' no one would read it.

Coming up with story ideas are challenging, like really bad, i've had issues with it and i think all of us writers have in general. I mean seriously.

I think the first step is looking at your characters and plot, what does it surround, does it surround a Phoenix or a mad man that's hunting down children to use for a super weapon, or is it about some kid named Kitty Smith and her adventures on being a time traveler? Use your plot and characters to your advantage in making a title.

Now one thing you don't want to do is make the title strange and catchy. If its a horror story called "BLOOD" i would be confused, but if it was something interesting like "The Neighbor" then that kind of catches your eye more. Make sure its pleasing to you as a writer, if its something stupid then no one will read it.

That's all i can think from the top of my brain dead brain. Anyway, if there is anything you guys would like to add, go ahead. I'm no expert in writing so fire away maturely. Anyway, vote and comment! (Don't forget to fan too :D)

~Ice~