Chapter 7: About Riley

TWO WEEKS LATER OF TRAINING

        I'm exhausted from training but yet they still push me like a plow horse. I wonder why we are to train so hard? What so important!? My arm aches from shooting targets all day and everything aches. Even though it hurts I must go get something to eat.

      Walking into the the cafeteria, I see rows of people eating and talking.

    "Hey! Jade!" yells the copper headed girl Carina

       I head over there and sit beside her. Taking  my sliverware out of the plastic.

    "So, you and Riley, huh?!" Carina says moving her eye brows up and down.

    "Um..no. I'm not his type!?"

     "Whatever y'all look cute together."

      "Hey. pssh"  a girl to my far right whispers.

   "what?!" Carina and I ask.

   " About Riley. He's a murder, last year there was an American just like you, Jade , she fell in love with Riley and he killed her."

  "Why!?" I exclaimed

    "No one knows but rumor has it did it to get rid of her."

    "That sad."

" He's a mo- " Riley interrupts " Monster I know."

     He sits down eyes locked on mine. I feel some what safe around him but this story was spine chilling.

  "Yes, I killed that girl , but she was obsessed with me."

"Riley, why would you kill someone?"

    "Because I was ordered to. That's way we train, Jade.

     "What, no no I can't do that!"

       I get up and storm out the door.

As walk its already night time. I look at the stars above, listen to the wind, and here myself softly cry. Half way to my cabin I'm grabbed by a firm hand.

    "Jade, you have to understand what's at stake here!"

     "Whats at sake, Riley?!"

     "Everything if you walk out!!"

    "Why not? If I want to give up can I ?!

      "No, you and your family will be endanger and I will hate myself for along time."

"My family and me?! Wait so your going to kill my family and me!!"  I yelled in an outrage.

   "Shhhhh. Jade, the government takes care of that."

" But I don't want to take lives."

   "I know....   I've watched all my loved ones die in front of me, including my mom and dad. And Jade, I don't want to lose you."

  He looks at me with bright eyes. And kissed me.

             "I love you...." he said

Then he turned around slowly and walked into the darkness.