Perfect Landscape (Harry - 500th fan)

Well, this is a one shot I wrote for my 500th fan because I promised her I was going to do it as a way to tahnk her. I made her wait for this too long and I'm sorry. I really hope the wait is worth it.

Dedicaten to @LoveLanzel for being my 500th fan. Thanks, love.

I have to write other one shots I promise for my 1000th and 1500th fans... I'll be posting them soon. I hope.

-:-:-:-

Perfect Landscape
A Harry one-shot

Lanzel was just enjoying that warm summer afternoon in the beach. As she was sat on the sand with her legs crossed and a notepad and pencil in her hands, she was looking for something to draw. She had gone there with that purpose in mind, she woke up with that urge in her body demanding her for something new to portray. She needed a draft and later she would develop it in her home. But it seemed like nothing called her attention enough to make her want to draw it. Where was the breath-taking landscape? Where was her muse that day? Maybe she had to wait for the twilight, everything looked more beautiful at that time of the day.

With a sigh, she left the notepad aside and attempted to stand up to go swimming. After all, she already went to the beach, it would be a shame if she missed the opportunity to go swimming just because she couldn’t find something to draw. However, she didn’t get the opportunity of uncrossing her legs when she saw it.

It was a boy, a tall and slim boy running to the water at top speed. She could hear his laughter as his curls bounced with every step he took closer to the water. For some reason, she felt something while she was looking at him. Maybe it was how joyful he seemed as he was running, or maybe it was the way the light touched him that afternoon, or maybe it was the way his apparently soft curls bounced in every direction.

Without even noticing, Lanzel smiled and took her notepad again, the image of the boy burned in her mind already. She started sketching as the boy just dived in the water in the same moment a wave was about to hit him. Her smile grew bigger as she still could hear him laughing and enjoying himself.

Then he turned around and her heart stopped a second for many reasons. His smile was so beautiful and heart-warming, they way his not-so-curly-anymore hair framed his face and how he waved at someone made her heart literally skip a beat. He was handsome, he was incredible handsome even when he was in the water and fighting against the waves.

Lanzel didn’t notice how her hand stopped sketching as she could only look at him. He wasn’t that far away and she saw the dimples in his cheeks, which only made him look better. She was so immerse watching him that she didn’t notice the guy sitting next to her. “Isn’t he a special boy?” A British accent asked her startling her. “Oh, I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to scare you,” he apologized as she turned around to meet his chocolate eyes. He was smiling warmly and even if she didn’t know him, she knew he wasn’t a bad boy. There was something nice about him, something that made you trust him immediately.

“It-it’s okay,” she replied a bit nervous. She didn’t know why he came to her and neither she knew why he talked to her.

“You have talent,” he commented looking at her notepad. She felt her cheeks blushing and tried to hide the draft she was doing before he came to her. “No, don’t hide it. It’s really good. Oh, I’m sorry, I haven’t introduced myself. I’m Liam,” he said sticking out his hand for her to shake it and so did she.

“I’m Lanzel,” she said shyly. “I um… I just liked how he looked when he was running to the water,” she tried to explain so he wouldn’t believe she was a creeper.

“You really captured Harry,” complimented Liam and her cheeks felt warmer. “Even though it’s just a draft. You’re really good.”

“Thanks,” she mumbled smiling because now she knew the boy’s name.

Harry.

For some reason, the name fitted him perfectly.

Before she could reply something, she saw another boy running towards Harry and practically jumping over him. Liam next to her laughed and she knew immediately for the way he was smiling while looking at them, that they were good friends.

They didn’t say anything else, both kept looking at the two boys on the water having a good time. Lanzel forgot about her drawing as her eyes could only look for Harry. The way he was enjoying that moment made her feel warm inside.

It didn’t pass much time when the two boys decided it was long enough in the salty water and walked towards Liam, and with that, towards her. Her heart was beating so fast as she saw him coming closer, she didn’t even notice her hands started to shake. “Liam,” the other boy, one with blue eyes and an incredible body, said. “You made a new friend!”

Lazel’s eyes were fixed on Harry, in the drops of water sliding from his hair, in his green eyes and the way his dimples were showing as he smiled at her. Her heart was hammering in her chest and the only thing she could do was biting lip.

“Yeah, this is Lanzel. Lanzel, these are Harry and Louis. Guys, she’s an absolutely brilliant artist!” Liam said excited and she knew she was blushing. Harry arched and eyebrow and she just grabbed her notepad and hugged it tightly. “Come on, show them!” Liam insisted but she couldn’t do it. It was embarrassing!

“C’mon, Lanzel. Show us!” Louis, the blue-eyes boy, insisted taking a seat next to her. His arm touched her and he was cold, but she didn’t jerk away.

“I um–” She felt really uncomfortable in that moment. It was just a draft, and it was of Harry. He would believe she was a creeper and certainly she didn’t want that. “I rather not,” she mumbled and before she could say something else, Harry grabbed the notepad in his hands and walked away looking at her draft.

She panicked and stood up quickly to go after him, but by when she reached him, he had already seen it. “This is great,” he said looking at the drawing with a deep voice and a thick British accent that sent shivers down her spine. He turned around to meet her eyes and she felt like the whole world stopped in that particular second. “Really great,” added Harry a few seconds later, his eyes still locked onto hers.

“Th-thanks,” she mumbled swallowing hardly. “I’m sorry I, well, used you as the object of my drawing… I just… um… Sorry,” she trailed off and he chuckled handing back the notepad.

“Don’t be, I feel flattered. Thank you, Lanzel.” They both were still looking into each other’s eyes and she didn’t want that moment to finish. “If I invite you to dinner with me, can I keep the drawing?” He asked and her heart raced, not only for his question, but for the way he was looking into her eyes.

She didn’t have to think much about that, there was something inside of her pushing her to say yes, and so she did. “For sure,” she said with a smile and the one he gave her was stunning.

“It’s a date, then,” he said and her heart did a flip-flop in her chest. She just smiled, dying for that moment to come. She didn’t only find the perfect landscape to draw, but also a boy that made her heart race and butterflies to flutter in her stomach franticly. That had to be a perfect afternoon.