Chapter 4 : Lets Go Bison!

Iyana

A/N: Soooo the hold up on this chapter is really petty. lol. I don't like Howard university mascot. The Bison is so lame. Tf? I wanted something cool like my favorite university. Jackson state. lol. The tigers are bad ass. But I decided to gone and make it work for yall. Especially since I get to be a JSU tiger in real life. So sorry for the hold up. Y'all enjoy-Kane

Right kick, Left kick, right split, left split, toe touch, herky, back bend, cartwheel, round off, they were all done perfectly. My routine was a sassy display of the PYT Michael Jackson was singing about over the speakers. There were plenty of alumni cheerleaders in the bleachers and the captain, co-captain and sponsors were sitting at the judgment table. They took this schools cheer/dance team very seriously and I knew I had this shit. My routine was air tight. None of these bitches could stunt on your girl. It was no surprise when I made the squad. I do this shit. And held my own during the beginning of the season. We practiced every day and it was some intense stuff. I was so tired I only went to classes and practice. I didn't kick it, party, or none of that. I guess you could say joining the team was good for me. Just what I needed to keep my shit tight. All was well in my life beyond the fact Marquees no longer looks my way. Even though I clearly hate him, the fact he doesn't seem to care bothers me. He fucked up. Therefore, he needs to be all in his feelings about my rejection. The fact that he seems apathetic only proves he never really cared for me. I was just a piece of ass to him. Me! And I always thought I was just too good of a person to be somebody's ass. Damn. I thought as I packed up my bag to leave the gym. I'd gotten so caught up in my own thoughts. I never even noticed the entire squad had gone. I was there all by myself and when I realized it, I relaxed. To be honest the upper classmen were some real bitches. The current captain's name was Miesha. She was light skin and really pretty. She was a senior graduating at the end of the semester so she was really straight. I figured she wanted to leave her mark on us before she left. I got that but the affect she had on the team was fucking worsum. Everyone wants her spot. When she leaves, she chooses next captain. Normally, it would be co-captain but this year's co-captain is also graduating this semester. So everybody on their shit. Kissing ass, stunting, even side dissing. It was crazy. But I wasn't tripping, I aint want her spot. I was satisfied with just being on the team. That's really the most important thing. Many people don't get the chance to participate. So I was grateful for mine. Besides, I've held a captain's position before. Its hard work and I honestly didn't think I'd be able to juggle a 4.0 and carry a team. Fuck that! But I will cheer and dance my ass off. For my team.

I pushed play on the radio and practiced alone. It was how I always perfected a routine. Rather my routine or someone else's. We had a game coming up and I always leave my heart on the sidelines and on the fields. I do this shit. I'd went over the routine twenty one times without any interruptions. But when someone did approach me I wasn't so disappointed. True enough I was tired but the cute specimen that walked towards me was the perfect reason to wrap up my personal practice.

"Working hard huh?" he asked as I turned off the music.

"Yea just practicing. But I think I'll call it a night. Let you have the gym." I said nodding towards the orange basketball in his hands.

"No, it's really ok. I can wait if you wanna continue practicing...I was enjoying the show." he said sexily with a big pretty smile. His skin was light and his arms and chest were broad. I could tell he worked out. And probably was some type of athlete.

"No, its fine. I'm tired and I have a test in the morning. Better go get in the books so I won't flunk. You should know open book test are the hardest. As crazy as that sounds." I stated.