Chapter 3: Back To School

Marquees

School was to start today and I was dreading it. I mean I did alright but I didn't care for it. My major was business but I honestly couldn't see myself doing anything but playing football.  That's what I wanted to do. But I was preparing for this semester.

Right after I'd got out the shower I got dressed and headed out the door. I still wasn't sure if I'd stay on campus this semester. It really wasn't necessary.  But I did my freshman year for the experience.  I had a home to go to right in DC. It was nothing for me to stay home.

I arrived at school at 9:30. My class didn't start till ten and it was biology. Unfortunately, it also was a lab and would last majority of the day. But I needed it so I went. I sat in class going thru my phone just bullshitting on instagram when I saw a picture on Tamala page with her and Iyana.   I liked the picture because I thought is was cute but I immediately went to follow Iyana. I missed everything about her. And I think the fact she disliked me made me want her more. I have not saw her since last semester but I bought her a Christmas/ Sorry present that I sent by Devon. He told me he gave it to her but he never would tell me if she liked it. But I didn't trip. Figured it would be something I could use as an excuse to talk to her. Thirty minutes went pass fast and class had started.  Our teacher Ms.Brooks started by assigning lab partners. I hated group projects. Or partners.  I hated having to depend on anybody else for a grade. I already disliked this class. Apparently she assigned partners by last names and even though I wasn't down with this shit. I felt like it was fate my lab partner was Iyana Terry. I looked around to see where she was in the class and when I spotted her she looked up at me. She was lipid. Her chocolate face had turned red. She shook her head and looked back down at the paper I knew had my name on it. The teacher asked if we understood what was required this semester and if we had any questions.  Iyana raised her hand.

"Ms. Brooks is there any way we can get through this class without a partner?" she asked angrily.

"No, you must have a partner in lab." Ms. Brooks replied.

"Well is there anything you can do to change partners.  I will not even pretend like I can do this. I can't work with Marquees.  I can't!" she exclaimed.  It caught everybody by surprise.  Everybody looked back at me to speak but I didn't know what to say. I already knew she wouldn't wanna work with me but I didn't know it was like that. I felt bad but I smiled. I was starting to find this amusing.  She hated me but still gave me so much attention.  Here I was tryna fix it when she shows me she cares more and more everyday.  All I could do was smile.

"Ms. Terry, I assigned your lab partner by your last name. I will not change it. If you can not deal with it then drop the class and pick it up next semester. " Ms. Brooks said before clearing her throat.  I chuckled because I was glad she decided to be a bitch about it. That meant Iyana was stuck with me and I loved it. I didn't think it was that serious until I saw tears run down her face. It shocked me and everybody else. Iyana packed up her shit and stood to leave.  As soon as she left out the class I got up to follow her. It was now or never.  This shit had to end today.

I walked out the class right behind her.

"Iyana, really? " I asked her as I got closer.

She turned around to face me and before I could say anything else she slapped the shit outta me. This time was harder then the first time she slapped me at cosmos. I rubbed the side of my face before looking dead in her eyes.

"You are something serious.  You hate me that much? You steady fucking hitting me. That make you feel better or something?" I asked her seriously. I did fuck up and I was wrong but shit, I said I was sorry.

"Just leave me alone Marquees.... I hate you. Just leave me alone." she cried before turning and attempting to walk away.

I grabbed her and pulled her right back to me.

"Nah, you got me fucked up. I shoulda checked yo ass the first time you put yo hands on me. I fucked up and I apologized for it. I can't  take that old shit back but I been tryna make it up to you. I see you like the necklace." I said as I pointed to it around her neck.

"Fine,  hate me all you want.  I swear I dont even care no more. But hear me well when I tell you to keep yo hands to yourself.  I don't play that shit and you know it. Now I aint never put my hands on a female but imma tackle the shit outta you if you slap me again Iyana." I told her seriously. Naw, I didn't actually plan on doing that but I had to scare her a little.  She snatched her arm away from me.

"Fuck you Marquees! " She frowned right before grabbing the necklace and snatching it away from her neck. She tossed it at me and stormed off. I shook my head and went back to class. The next time I went to that class I'd had a new lab partner. Iyana dropped the class after all. But by then I didn't care.

Iyana

I dropped that biology class and picked up another with a different instructor. Ms. brooks had me fucked up. I actually wouldn't have minded a partner. I just couldn't do it with Marquees.  He really irritates the shit outta me and I just didn't want anything to do with him. He wasn't sorry and I found it highly disrespectful for him to apologize and not mean it. Fuck him. I don't need his stupid ass. He taught me a lesson which is why it was nothing for me to move on. I slid on Ronnie too. It aint nothing to cut that dick off. I thought as I was crossing campus to get to my next class. I wondered what this semester would be like. Especially since try outs were coming up and I planned to try out. Hopefully,  I make one helleva impression.

{So here's a confession.  Im feelings this story way more than im feel TRD right now. Im stuck for no reason lol but I know where I wanna take this one. So imma keep uploading in this one until I can get the feedback and support on this one. Im sure once the drama start it'll be easy but that's part of the reason I don't finish other books on here because im not getting the feedback I want which defeat the purpose of me uploading in the first place. smh. anyhow im on my phone so idk how long or short this chapter is but I wrote half last night. *hunches shoulders* Y'all should comment.  I cant wait for the next chapter!  -Kane